Department of the Army, DoD.
Under the provisions of the Federal Advisory Committee Act of 1972 (5 U.S.C., Appendix, as amended), the Government in the Sunshine Act of 1976 (5 U.S.C. 552b, as amended), and 41 CFR 102-3.150, the Department of Defense announces that the following Federal advisory committee meeting will take place:
1. Name of Committee: United States Military Academy Board of Visitors.
2. Date: Wednesday, October 16, 2013.
3. Time: 2:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m. Members of the public wishing to attend the meeting will need to show photo identification in order to gain access to the meeting location. All participants are subject to security screening.
4. Location: Haig Room, Jefferson Hall, West Point, New York 10996.
5. Purpose of the Meeting: This is the 2013 Fall Meeting of the USMA Board of Visitors (BoV). Members of the Board will be provided updates on Academy issues.
6. Agenda: The Academy leadership will provide the Board updates on the following: New Superintendent's Assessment, Vision, and Focus Areas; Academic, Military, and Physical Program Updates; Budget, MILCON, Sustainment Restoration and Modernization (SRM) Updates; Furlough Impacts; and an update on Sexual Harassment/Sexual Assault issues and training. This final update will include discussions on the case of Sergeant First Class Michael McClendon, a former tactical non-commissioned officer in the US Corps of Cadets; the Army Regulation 15-6 Investigation and Department of the Army Inspector General (DAIG) Findings concerning respect violations by the Army Rugby Team; and the removal of a Head of an academic department, and an athletic coach for inappropriate behavior.
7. Public's Accessibility to the Meeting: Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552b and 41 CFR 102-3.140 through 102-3.165 and the availability of space, this meeting is open to the public. Seating is on a first-come basis.
8. Committee's Designated Federal Officer or Point of Contact: Ms. Deadra Ghostlaw, (845) 938-4200, Deadra.Ghostlaw@us.army.mil.
Start Supplemental Information
Any member of the public is permitted to file a written statement with the USMA Board of Visitors. Written statements should be sent to the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) at: United States Military Academy, Office of the Secretary of the General Staff (MASG), 646 Swift Road, West Point, NY 10996-1905 or faxed to the Designated Federal Officer (DFO) at (845) 938-3214. Written statements must be received no later than five working days prior to the next meeting in order to provide time for member consideration. By rule, no member of the public attending open meetings will be allowed to present questions from the floor or speak to any issue under consideration by the Board.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
The Committee's Designated Federal Officer or Point of Contact is Ms. Deadra Ghostlaw, (845) 938-4200, Deadra.Ghostlaw@us.army.mil.
End Further Info
End Supplemental Information
Brenda S. Bowen,
Army Federal Register Liaison Officer.
[FR Doc. 2013-23787 Filed 9-30-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3710-08-P