This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/07/2013 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of a new information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report”.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-XXXX.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion. Licensees subject to 10 CFR part 37, “Physical Protection of Byproduct Material” license verification requirements must verify the legitimacy of the license with the issuing agency prior to transferring Start Printed Page 67205radioactive materials in quantities of concern.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Licensees are required to complete a license verification under the circumstances noted in 3 above. A License Verification System (LVS) has been developed, providing an electronic method for fulfilling this requirement. In cases where a licensee is unable to use the LVS to perform a verification, they will provide NRC Form 749 for manual license verification.
5. The number of annual respondents: 91.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 9.1 hours.
7. Abstract: When a licensee is unable to use the License Verification System to perform their license verification prior to transfer, a manual process has been developed, in which licensees submit the NRC Form 749, “Manual License Verification Report.” The form provides the information necessary for the issuing agencies to perform the verification on behalf of the transferring licensee.
Submit, by January 7, 2014, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice. Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0229. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0229. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 4th day of November 2013.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2013-26860 Filed 11-7-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P