This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 12/18/2013 at 08:45 am.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until February 18, 2014. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Joseph Fox, Branch Chief, Alcohol and Tobacco Enforcement Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives at Joseph.Fox@atf.gov.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.Start Printed Page 76860
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Prevent All Cigarette Trafficking (PACT) Act Registration Form.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5070.1. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or For-Profit. Other: None.
Need for Collection
The purpose of the information collection is to register delivery sellers of cigarettes and/or smokeless tobacco products with the Attorney General in order to continue to sell and/or advertise these tobacco products. Respondents will register the information on ATF F 5070.1.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond/reply: It is estimated that 3,000 respondents will take 1 hour to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual total burden hours associated with this information collection is 3,000 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: December 13, 2013.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2013-30155 Filed 12-18-13; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P