Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), DOT.
The FHWA, on behalf of the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans), is issuing this notice to announce actions taken by Caltrans that are final within the meaning of 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). The actions relate to a proposed highway project on the State Routes (SR) 57/60 (57[post miles R4.3/R4.5 & R4.5/R4.8] 60[post miles R23.3/R26.5]) Confluence at Grand Avenue project in the County of Los Angeles, State of California. Those actions grant licenses, permits, and approvals for the project.
By this notice, the FHWA, on behalf of Caltrans, is advising the public of final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1). A claim seeking judicial review of the Federal agency actions on the highway project will be barred unless the claim is filed on or before July 14, 2014. If the Federal law that authorizes judicial review of a claim provides a time period of less than 180 days for filing such claim, then that shorter time period still applies.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Agustin Barajas, Associate Environmental Planner Caltrans, District 7, Division of Environmental Planning, 100 South Main Street, Suite 100, 7 a.m.-4:45 p.m. (Pacific Time), Los Angeles, CA 90012-3712, (213) 897-7665, firstname.lastname@example.org.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Effective July 1, 2007, the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) assigned, and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) assumed environmental responsibilities for this project pursuant to 23 U.S.C. 327. Start Printed Page 2748Notice is hereby given that the Caltrans, have taken final agency actions subject to 23 U.S.C. 139(l)(1) by issuing licenses, permits, and approvals for the following highway project in the State of California:
Caltrans proposes to make improvements to SR-57/60 Confluence at Grand Avenue interchange, which is located between the Cities of Industry and Diamond Bar in Los Angeles County. The project consists of the reconfiguration of the approximately 2.5-mile confluence of SR-57 and SR-60, which includes the addition of auxiliary lanes and associated on-ramp/off-ramp reconfiguration. The purpose of the project is to improve safety and operational deficiencies at the Grand Avenue interchange. The actions by the Federal agencies, and the laws under which such actions were taken, are described in the Finding of No Significant Impact (FONSI) for the project, approved on December 11, 2013. The FONSI and other project records are available by contacting Caltrans at the addresses provided above. The Caltrans FONSI can be viewed and downloaded from the project Web site at: http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist07/resources/envdocs/.
This notice applies to all Federal agency decisions as of the issuance date of this notice and all laws under which such actions were taken, including but not limited to:
- General: National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) [42 U.S.C. 4321-4351]; Federal Aid Highway Act; [23 U.S.C. 109]
- Land: Section 4(f) of the Department of Transportation Act of 1966 [49 U.S.C. 303 and U.S.C. 138]
- Air: Clean Air Act [42 U.S.C. 7401-7671(q)]
- Migratory Bird Treaty Act [16 U.S.C. 703-712]
- Historic and Cultural Resources: Section 106 of the National historic Preservation Acct of 1966, as amended [16 U.S.C. 470(aa)-11].
- Social and Economic: Civil Rights Act of 1964 [42 U.S.C. 2000(d)-2000(d) (1)]; The Uniform Relocation Assistance Act and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970, as amended.
- Hazardous Materials: Comprehensive Environmental response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA), 42 U.S.C. 9601-9675; Superfund Amendments and Reauthorization Act of 1986 (SARA);
- Executive Orders: E.O. 11990 Protection of Wetlands; E.O. 11988 Floodplain Management; E.O. 12898 Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority Populations and Low Income Populations; E.O. 11593 Protection and Enhancement of Cultural Resources; E.O. 13112 Invasive Species.
(Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance Program Number 20.205, Highway Planning and Construction. The regulations implementing Executive Order 12372 regarding intergovernmental consultation on Federal programs and activities apply to this program)
End Supplemental Information
Issued on: January 9, 2014.
Cesar E. Perez,
Senior Transportation Engineer, Federal Highway Administration, Sacramento, California.
[FR Doc. 2014-00599 Filed 1-14-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4910-RY-P