This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/15/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft regulatory issue summary; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is seeking public comment on a draft regulatory issue summary (RIS) that reminds holders of renewed licenses of the requirements to maintain the effectiveness of their aging management programs and activities. The RIS explains that, in general, renewed license holders are obligated to maintain these programs and activities under their quality assurance program used to meet existing regulatory requirements.
Submit comments by February 18, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the NRC is able to assure consideration only for comments received on or before this date.
You may submit comment by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specific subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0009. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-287-3422; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individuals listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Chief, Rules, Announcements, and Directives Branch (RADB), Office of Administration, Mail Stop: 3WFN, 06-44M, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on accessing information and submitting comments, see “Accessing Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
James Keene, telephone: 301-415-1994, email: James.Keene@nrc.gov, or Thomas Alexion, telephone: 301-415-1326, email: Thomas.Alexion@nrc.gov, both of the Office Nuclear Reactor Regulation, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Accessing Information and Submitting Comments
A. Accessing Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2014-0009 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information regarding this document. You may access publicly-available information related to this action by the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2014-0009.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may access publicly-available documents online in the NRC Library at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The draft RIS, “Maintaining the Effectiveness of License Renewal Aging Management Programs,” is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML13231A033.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2014-0009 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC posts all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as entering the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC issues RISs to communicate with stakeholders on a broad range of regulatory matters. This may include communicating staff technical positions on matters that have not been communicated to or are not broadly understood by the nuclear industry.
The NRC staff has developed draft RIS 201X-XX, “Maintaining the Effectiveness of License Renewal Aging Management Programs,” to remind holders of renewed licenses of the requirements to maintain the effectiveness of their aging management programs and activities. The RIS explains that, in general, renewed license holders are obligated to maintain these programs and activities under their quality assurance program used to meet existing regulatory requirements. The draft RIS is available electronically under ADAMS Accession No. ML13231A033.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 9th day of January 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Merrilee J. Banic,
Acting Chief, Generic Communications Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2014-00731 Filed 1-15-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P