30-Day notice of information collection under review.
The Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS) will be submitting the following Information Collection Request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with established review procedures of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 76, Number 248, page 80966, on December 27, 2011, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until February 18, 2014. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the items contained in this notice, especially the estimated public burden and associated response time, should be directed to Gregory E. Scarbro, Unit Chief, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division (CJIS), Module E-3, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306, or facsimile to (304) 625-3566.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Comments should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques of other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of information collection: Revision of current collection.
(2) The title of the form/collection: Age, Sex, and Race of Persons Arrested 18 Years of Age and Over; Age, Sex, and Race of Persons Arrested Under 18 Years of Age.
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the department sponsoring the collection: Forms 1-708 and 1-708a; Sponsor: Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Department of Justice.Start Printed Page 3254
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: City, county, state, federal, and tribal law enforcement agencies. Brief Abstract: This collection gathers data obtained from law law enforcement in which an arrest has occurred.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: There are approximately 18,108 law enforcement agency respondents at 12 minutes for 1-708a and 15 minutes for 1-708.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with this collection: There are approximately 97,783 hours annual burden associated with this information collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, United States Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 2E-508, Washington, DC 20530.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, United States Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-00856 Filed 1-16-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P