This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/07/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on November 8, 2013 (78 FR 67204).
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR part 70, “Domestic Licensing of Special Nuclear Material.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0009.
4. The form number if applicable: Not applicable.
5. How often the collection is required: On occasion. Required reports are collected and evaluated on a continuing basis as events occur. Applications for new licenses and amendments may be submitted at any time. Generally, renewal applications are submitted every 10 years and for major fuel cycle facilities updates of the safety demonstration section are submitted every 2 years. Nuclear material control and accounting information is submitted in accordance with specified instructions.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Applicants for and holders of specific NRC licenses to receive title to, own, acquire, deliver, receive, possess, use, or initially transfer special nuclear material.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 1,620 responses.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 606.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 89.240.6 hours (81,791.1 hours reporting + 7379.4 hours recordkeeping + 70.1 hours third party disclosure).
10. Abstract: Part 70 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), establishes requirements for licenses to own, acquire, receive, possess, use, and transfer special nuclear material. The information in the applications, reports, and records is used by NRC to make licensing and other regulatory determinations concerning the use of special nuclear material.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by March 12, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Y. Jones, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0009), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The Acting NRC Clearance Officer is Kristen Benney, telephone: 301-415-6355.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 4th day of February, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-02748 Filed 2-7-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P