The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Start Printed Page 8972
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by March 17, 2014.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number (OCN). To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ___, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Imposition of Cost Sharing Charges Under Medicaid and Supporting Regulations; Use: The purpose of this collection is to ensure that states impose nominal cost sharing charges upon categorically and medically needy individuals as allowed by law and implementing regulations. States must identify in their state plan the service for which the charge is made, the amount of the charge, the basis for determining the charge, the basis for determining whether an individual is unable to pay the charge and the way in which the individual will be identified to providers, and the procedures for implementing and enforcing the exclusions from cost sharing. The template has been revised and is being released for this 30-day comment period before it is submitted to OMB for review and approval under CMS-10398 (OCN: 0938-1148). Form Number: CMS-R-53 (OCN: 0938-0429); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 56; Total Annual Responses: 10; Total Annual Hours: 50. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Rebecca Bruno at 415-744-3677).
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 11, 2014.
Deputy Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2014-03297 Filed 2-13-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P