The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 246, page 77494 on December 23, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 27, 2014. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number or the title of the collection.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to Start Printed Page 10562respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Tax-Exempt Transfer of Firearm and Registration to Special Occupational Taxpayer.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 3 (5320.3). Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None.
Need for Collection
The form is submitted and approved by ATF prior to the transfer of a National Firearms Act weapon from one Special Occupational Tax paying Federal firearms licensee to another special taxpaying licensee. The form is required whenever such a transfer is to be made.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 6,000 respondents will complete the form within approximately 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 35,250 annual total burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
Dated: February 19, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer, PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-03961 Filed 2-24-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P