This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/24/2014 at 08:45 am.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 78, Number 245, page 77167 on December 20, 2013, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until March 27, 2014. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments concerning this information collection should be sent to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget, Attn: DOJ Desk Officer. The best way to ensure your comments are received is to email them to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov. All comments should reference the eight digit OMB number of the title of the collection.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Summary of Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: National Firearms Act (NFA)—Special Occupational Taxes (SOT).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Justice sponsoring the collection: Form Number: ATF F 5630.5R, ATF F 5630.5RC, and ATF F 5630.7. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Business or other for-profit. Other: None.
Need for Collection
ATF F 5630.7, NFA Special Tax Registration and Return National Firearms Act is completed and returned by businesses that are subject to Special Occupational Taxes under the National Firearms Act for either initial tax payment or business information changes. This form serves as both a return and a business registration. ATF F 5630.5R, NFA Special Tax Renewal Registration and Return and ATF F 5630.5RC, NFA Special Tax Location Registration Listing are preprinted forms sent to taxpayers for Special Occupation Taxes under the National Firearms Act. Taxpayers validate/correct the information and send the forms back with payment for the applicable tax year.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 6,000 taxpayers will complete forms ATF F 5630.5R and ATF F 5630.5RC in approximately 20 minutes (10 minutes for each form). It is also estimated that 350 new taxpayers will complete ATF F 5630.7 in its entirety in approximately 15 minutes. The total number of respondents for this information collection is 6,350.
(6) An estimate of the total burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total burden for ATF F 5630.5R and ATF F 5630.5RC is 2,000 hours. The total burden for ATF F 5630.7 is 88 hours. The estimated total public burden associated with this information collection is 2,088 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Start Printed Page 10563Clearance Officer, Policy and Planning Staff, Justice Management Division, Department of Justice, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: February 19, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-03964 Filed 2-24-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P