Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This notice announces receipt of applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients pursuant to the provisions of section 3(c) of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), as amended. This notice provides the public with an opportunity to comment on the applications.
Comments must be received on or before March 31, 2014.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA Registration Number or EPA File Symbol of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Mail: OPP Docket, Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), (28221T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow the instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.htm.
Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Susan Lewis, Antimicrobials Division (AD) (7510P), email address: Start Printed Page 11103
ADFRNotices@epa.gov; or Lois Rossi, Registration Division (RD) (7505P), email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov; main telephone number: (703) 305-7090, Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001. As part of the mailing address, include the contact person's name, division, and mail code. Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications. For actions being evaluated under the Agency's public participation process for registration actions, there will be an additional opportunity for a 30-day public comment period on the proposed decision. Please see the Agency's public participation Web site for additional information on this process (http://www.epa.gov/pesticides/regulating/registration-public-involvement.html ). EPA received the following applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients:
1. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-1067 and 100-1431. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0729. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419-8300. Active ingredient: Paraquat dichloride. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed uses: Arracacha; arrowroot; artichoke, Chinese; artichoke, Jerusalem; canna, edible; cassava, bitter and sweet; chayote (root); chufa; dasheen; ginger; leren; sweet potato; tanier; turmeric; yam, bean; and yam, true. (RD)
2. EPA Registration Symbol/EPA Registration Number: 264-RRAO and 264-1137. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0013. Applicant: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Fluoxastrobin. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: For use as a seed treatment on corn to aid in the control of seed borne and soilborne fungi, Penicillium spp. and Aspergillus spp., causing seed and seedling blights; and to aid in suppression of late season stalk rot caused by Fusarium spp. and Colletotrichum graminicola. (RD)
3. EPA Registration Numbers: 264-776 and 264-1055. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0504. Applicant: Bayer CropScience, P.O. Box 12014, 2 T.W. Alexander Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Trifloxystrobin. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: Dry pea, chickpea, and lentil. (RD)
4. EPA Registration Symbol: 352-III. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0007. Applicant: E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, 1007 Market Street, Wilmington, DE 19898. Active ingredient: Picoxystrobin. Product type: Herbicide. Proposed use: End-use product intended for treatment of canola, corn and soybean seeds. (RD)
5. EPA Registration Symbols/EPA Registration Number: 499-LTN, 499-LAO, and 7969-299. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0793. Applicant: BASF Corporation, Whitmire Micro-Gen Research Laboratories, 3568 Tree Court Industrial Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63122-6682. Active ingredient: Alpha-Cypermethrin. Product type: Insecticide. Proposed use: Indoor non-food handling establishments. (RD)
6. EPA Registration Numbers: 7969-185, 7969-199, and 7969-258. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0798. Applicant: BASF Corporation, P.O. Box 13528, 26 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Pyraclostrobin. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: Herbs, Subgroup 19A; Dill; Stone Fruit, Group 12-12 (conversion); and Tree Nut, Group 14-12 (conversion). (RD)
7. EPA Registration Numbers: 7969-198 and 7969-199. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0797. Applicant: BASF Corporation, P.O. Box 13528, 26 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Boscalid. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: Herbs, Subgroup 19A; Dill; Stone Fruit, Group 12-12 (conversion); Tree Nut, Group 14-12 (conversion). (RD)
8. EPA Registration Numbers: 7969-283 and 7969-284. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0255. Applicant: BASF Corporation, P.O. Box 13528, 26 Davis Drive, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709. Active ingredient: Metrafenone. Product type: Fungicide. Proposed uses: Peach, Subgroup 12-12B; Apricot; Cherry, Subgroup 12-12A; Hop, dried cones; Vegetable, cucurbit, Group 9; and Fruit, small, vine climbing, except fuzzy kiwifruit, Subgroup 13-07F. (RD)Start Printed Page 11104
9. EPA Registration Symbol: 59441-RR. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0017. Applicant: Eastman Kodak Company, 343 State St., Rochester, NY 14650. Active ingredient: Copper sulfate pentahydrate. Product type: Antimicrobial. Proposed use: Material preservative. (AD)
10. EPA Registration Number: 82552-1. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0826. Applicant: Siamons International, Inc., 48 Galaxy Blvd., Unit 413, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M9W 6C8. Active ingredient: Sodium carbonate. Product type: Antimicrobial, Fungistat, and Mildewstat. Proposed uses: HVAC Systems. (AD)
11. EPA Registration Number: 84034-1. Docket ID number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0016. Applicant: Mexel USA, LLC, 1655 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 350, Arlington, VA 22209. Active ingredient: 1-(Alkyl amino)-3 aminopropane. Product type: Molluscicide/antifoulant. Proposed use: End-use product intended to control bio-fouling in once through and recirculating cooling towers. (AD)
List of Subjects
Environmental protection, Pesticides and pests.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 12, 2014.
Daniel J. Rosenblatt,
Acting Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2014-04326 Filed 2-26-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P