Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 79, Number 20, page 4957 on January 30, 2014, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 2, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Tracey Robertson, Chief, Federal Firearms Licensing Center, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington DC 20503 or email to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Start Printed Page 18581
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection 1140-0019
(1) Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Federal Firearms License (FFL) RENEWAL Application.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 8 (5310.11) Part II.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Individual or households.
Abstract: The form is filed by the licensee desiring to renew a Federal firearms license. It is used to identify the applicant, locate the business/collection premises, identify the type of business/collection activity, and determine the eligibility of the applicant.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 30,000 respondents will respond annually, taking 30 minutes to complete each form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There is an estimated 15,000 annual total burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3W-1407B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: March 27, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-07299 Filed 4-1-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P