This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/11/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.Start Printed Page 20960
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to May 14, 2014.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Delicia Spruell, Department of State, PRM/Admissions, 2025 E Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0908, who may be reached on (202) 453-9257 or at Spruellda@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Refugee Biographic Data
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0102
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection
- Originating Office: Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration (PRM/A)
- Form Number: N/A
- Respondents: Refugee applicants for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 70,000
- Estimated Number of Responses: 70,000
- Average Time per Response: One-half hour
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 35,000 hours
- Frequency: Once per respondent
- Obligation to Respond: Required to obtain a benefit
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: The Refugee Biographic Data Sheet describes a refugee applicant's personal characteristics and is needed to match the refugee with a resettlement agency to ensure appropriate initial reception and placement in the United States under the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program administered by the Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, as cited in the Immigration and Nationality Act and the Refugee Act of 1980.
Methodology: Biographic information is collected in a face-to-face intake process with the applicant overseas. An employee of a Resettlement Support Center, under cooperative agreement with PRM, collects the information and enters it into the Worldwide Refugee Admissions Processing System.Start Signature
Dated: April 8, 2014.
Deputy Director, Office of Admissions, Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-08329 Filed 4-11-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-33-P