This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/14/2014 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until June 16, 2014.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Desiree Dickinson, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Firearms and Explosives Imports Branch, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection:
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Release and Receipt of Imported Firearms, Ammunition and Implements of War.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 6A (5330.3C).
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Individuals or households.
Other: Business or other for-profit; and Not-for-profit institutions.
Abstract: The data provided by this information collection request is used by ATF to determine if articles imported meet the statutory and regulatory criteria for importation and if the articles shown on the permit application have been actually imported.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 20,000 respondents will take 35 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the Start Printed Page 21286collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 11,667 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 9, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-08378 Filed 4-14-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P