Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
EPA has received applications to register new uses for pesticide products containing currently registered active ingredients. Pursuant to the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications.
Comments must be received on or before May 27, 2014.
Submit your comments, identified by docket identification (ID) number and the EPA Registration Number of interest as shown in the body of this document, by one of the following methods:
Start Further Info
Federal eRulemaking Portal: http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the online instructions for submitting comments. Do not submit electronically any information you consider to be Confidential Business Information (CBI) or other information whose disclosure is restricted by statute.
Mail: OPP Docket, Environmental Protection Agency Docket Center (EPA/DC), (28221T), 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001.
Hand Delivery: To make special arrangements for hand delivery or delivery of boxed information, please follow the instructions at http://www.epa.gov/dockets/contacts.html. Additional instructions on commenting or visiting the docket, along with more information about dockets generally, is available at http://www.epa.gov/dockets.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Lois Rossi, Registration Division (7505P), Office of Pesticide Programs, Environmental Protection Agency, 1200 Pennsylvania Ave. NW., Washington, DC 20460-0001; telephone number: (703) 305-7090; email address: RDFRNotices@epa.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
I. General Information
A. Does this action apply to me?
You may be potentially affected by this action if you are an agricultural producer, food manufacturer, or pesticide manufacturer. The following list of North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) codes is not intended to be exhaustive, but rather provides a guide to help readers determine whether this document applies to them. Potentially affected entities may include:
- Crop production (NAICS code 111).
- Animal production (NAICS code 112).
- Food manufacturing (NAICS code 311).
- Pesticide manufacturing (NAICS code 32532).
B. What should I consider as I prepare my comments for EPA?
1. Submitting CBI. Do not submit this information to EPA through regulations.gov or email. Clearly mark the part or all of the information that you claim to be CBI. For CBI information in a disk or CD-ROM that you mail to EPA, mark the outside of the disk or CD-ROM as CBI and then identify electronically within the disk or CD-ROM the specific information that is claimed as CBI. In addition to one complete version of the comment that includes information claimed as CBI, a copy of the comment that does not contain the information claimed as CBI must be submitted for inclusion in the public docket. Information so marked will not be disclosed except in accordance with procedures set forth in 40 CFR part 2.
2. Tips for preparing your comments. When submitting comments, remember to:
i. Identify the document by docket ID number and other identifying information (subject heading, Federal Register date and page number).
ii. Follow directions. The Agency may ask you to respond to specific questions or organize comments by referencing a Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part or section number.
iii. Explain why you agree or disagree; suggest alternatives and substitute language for your requested changes.
iv. Describe any assumptions and provide any technical information and/or data that you used.
v. If you estimate potential costs or burdens, explain how you arrived at Start Printed Page 22964your estimate in sufficient detail to allow for it to be reproduced.
vi. Provide specific examples to illustrate your concerns and suggest alternatives.
vii. Explain your views as clearly as possible, avoiding the use of profanity or personal threats.
viii. Make sure to submit your comments by the comment period deadline identified.
II. Registration Applications
EPA has received applications to register pesticide products containing active ingredients not included in any previously registered pesticide products. Pursuant to the provisions of FIFRA section 3(c)(4), EPA is hereby providing notice of receipt and opportunity to comment on these applications. Notice of receipt of these applications does not imply a decision by the Agency on these applications.
1. EPA Registration Numbers: 100-936, 100-1276, 100-1458. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2013-0758. Applicant: Syngenta Crop Protection, LLC, P.O. Box 18300, Greensboro, NC 27419. Active Ingredient: Thiamethoxam. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Foliar application to alfalfa; corn (field, pop, seed, sweet); legumes; rice; small cereal grains (barley, buckwheat, oats, rye, triticale, wheat); and sunflower.
2. EPA Registration Numbers: 6836-107, 6836-350. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0110. Applicant: Lonza, Inc., 90 Boroline Road, Allendale, NJ 07401. Active Ingredient: Metaldehyde. Product Type: Mollusicide. Proposed Uses: Legume vegetable subgroups 6A and 6B; foliage of legume vegetable subgroup 7A; fruiting vegetable subgroup 8-10A; clover; ginseng; and citrus fruit group 10-10.
3. EPA Registration Numbers: 62719-623, 62719-625, 62719-631. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0156. Applicant: Dow AgroSciences, LLC, 9330 Zionsville Road, Indianapolis, IN 46268. Active Ingredient: Sulfoxaflor. Product Type: Insecticide. Proposed Uses: Alfalfa, clover and other non-grass animal feeds (crop group 18); buckwheat; cacao; corn (field, pop, seed, sweet); millet; oats; pineapple; rye; sorghum; teff; and teosinte.
4. EPA File Symbol: 88602-E. Docket ID Number: EPA-HQ-OPP-2014-0252. Applicant: Prodigy Technical Holdings, LLC, 2813 Downing St., Flower Mound, TX 75028. Active Ingredient: Diflubenzuron. Product Type: Insect growth regulator. Proposed Uses: Indoor residential, carpets; companion animal.
Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects
End List of Subjects
- Environmental protection
- Pesticides and pest
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 17, 2014.
Director, Registration Division, Office of Pesticide Programs.
[FR Doc. 2014-09449 Filed 4-24-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P