This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/28/2014 at 08:45 am.
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Criminal Justice Information Services Division, Department of Justice.
60-day notice. Applicant Information Form (1-783).
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until June 30, 2014.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Marissa N. Pasquale, Management and Program Analyst, FBI, CJIS, Biometric Services Section, Customer Support Unit, Module E-1, 1000 Custer Hollow Road, Clarksburg, West Virginia, 26306 (facsimile: 304-625-5392).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) The Title of the Form/Collection: Applicant Information Form
(3) The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: 1-783
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals. This collection is necessary for individuals to request a copy of their personal identification record to review it or to obtain a change, correction, or an update to the record.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: Annually, the FBI receives 309,345 identification requests, therefore there are 309,345 respondents. The form requires 5 minutes to complete.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 25,779 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC, 20530.Start Signature
Dated: April 23, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-09638 Filed 4-28-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-02-P