Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on February 5, 2014.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Revision.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 5, “Occupational Dose Record for a Monitoring Period.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0006.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 5.
5. How often the collection is required: Annually.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: NRC licensees who are required to comply with Part 20 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR).
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 4,346 (200 reporting responses plus 4,146 recordkeepers).
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 4,146 respondents (104 reactors plus 4,042 materials licensees).
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 130,852 hours (6,000 hours reporting plus 124,852 hours recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: NRC Form 5 is used to record and report the results of individual monitoring for occupational radiation exposure during a monitoring (one calendar year) period to ensure regulatory compliance with annual radiation dose limits specified in 10 CFR 20.1201.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee, publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by June 4, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Y. Jones, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0006), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The Acting NRC Clearance Officer is Kristen Benney, telephone: 301-415-6355.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 28th day of April, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-10112 Filed 5-1-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P