This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/15/2014 at 08:45 am.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, HHS.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; the accuracy of the estimated burden; ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by July 15, 2014.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number (OCN). To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number ____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-718-721 Business Proposal Forms for Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs)
CMS-222-92 Independent Rural Health Clinic/Freestanding Federally Qualified Health Center Cost Report
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a previously approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Business Proposal Forms for Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs); Use: The submission of proposal information by current quality improvement associations (QIOs) and other bidders, on the appropriate forms, will satisfy our need for meaningful, consistent, and verifiable data with which to evaluate contract proposals. We use the data collected on the forms associated with this information collection request to negotiate QIO contracts. We will be able to compare the costs reported by the QIOs on the cost reports to the proposed costs noted on the business proposal forms. Subsequent contract and modification negotiations will be based on historic cost data. The business proposal forms will be one element of the historical cost data from which we can analyze future proposed costs. In addition, the business proposal format will standardize the cost proposing and pricing process among all QIOs. With well-defined cost centers and line items, proposals can be compared among QIOs for reasonableness and appropriateness. Form Number: CMS-718-721 (OMB control number: 0938-0579); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 20; Total Annual Responses: 20; Total Annual Hours: 1,000. (For policy Start Printed Page 28523questions regarding this collection contact Clarissa Whatley at 410-786-7154.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Independent Rural Health Clinic/Freestanding Federally Qualified Health Center Cost Report; Use: Providers of services participating in the Medicare program are required under sections 1815(a) and 1861(v)(1)(A) of the Social Security Act (42 U.S.C. 1395g) to submit annual information to achieve settlement of costs for health care services rendered to Medicare beneficiaries. In addition, regulations at 42 CFR 413.20 and 413.24 require adequate cost data and cost reports from providers on an annual basis. The Form CMS-222-92 cost report is needed to determine the provider's reasonable costs incurred in furnishing medical services to Medicare beneficiaries and reimbursement due to or due from the provider. Form Number: CMS-222-92 (OMB control number: 0938-0107); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Business or other for-profits and Not-for-profit institutions; Number of Respondents: 3,264; Total Annual Responses: 3,264; Total Annual Hours: 163,200. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Leonard Fisher at 410-786-4574.)Start Signature
Dated: May 13, 2014.
Deputy Director, Regulations Development Group, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2014-11391 Filed 5-15-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P