This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/22/2014 at 08:45 am.
Drug Enforcement Administration, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until July 22, 2014.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Ruth A. Carter, Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, 8701 Morrissette Drive, Springfield, Virginia 22152.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Controlled Substances Import/Export Declaration—DEA Form 236
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: The form number is DEA Form 236. Office of Diversion Control, Drug Enforcement Administration, United States Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: None.Start Printed Page 29802
Abstract: DEA Form 236 provides the DEA with control measures over the importation and exportation of controlled substances as required by United States drug control laws and international treaties.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that there are 278 respondents, 4,868 annual responses, and that each response takes 18 minutes to complete.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,460 annual burden hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: May 20, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-11955 Filed 5-22-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-09-P