Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until September 2, 2014.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact William Joa at William.Joa@atf.gov or Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Redstone Arsenal, Bldg. 3750, Huntsville, AL 35898.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10. Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this information collection 1140-0076:
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of an existing collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Relief of Disabilities and Application for Restoration of Explosives Privileges.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 5400.29.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Individual or households.
Abstract: Any person prohibited from shipping or transporting any explosive in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce or from receiving or possessing any explosive which has been shipped or transported in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce may make application for relief from disabilities. ATF F 5400.29 is required in order to determine whether or not explosives privileges may be restored.
The form is used to conduct an investigation to establish if it is likely that the applicant will act in a manner dangerous to public safety or contrary to public interest.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 231 respondents will take 30 minutes to complete the form.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 116 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
Start Printed Page 37353
End Supplemental Information
Dated: June 25, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-15306 Filed 6-30-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P