Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.Start Printed Page 40071
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of the Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement (DRCA) application. The DRCA enables CNCS supported national service organizations to engage members and participants in disaster response efforts to disaster events and to be eligible to be reimbursed for expenses incurred while engaged in such efforts. This document describes eligibility criteria, the nature of disaster deployments, CNCS's expectations for performance upon selection, and the application process. Also included are supporting forms and templates that are part of the deployment and reimbursement process. This agreement is the legal instrument by which organizations can be reimbursed by CNCS for expenses incurred by a disaster response, when it occurs under authority of a Mission Assignment from FEMA or another agency. National service organizations must have an approved and current DRCA in order to be reimbursed for a CNCS authorized disaster deployment.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the Addresses section of this Notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by September 9, 2014.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, Corporation for National and Community Service; Attention Kelly DeGraff, Senior Advisor, Disaster Services, Room 9607; 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) Electronically through www.regulations.gov. Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Kelly DeGraff, 202-606-6817, or by email at your email@example.com.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
The information collected will be used to help CNCS more effectively utilize its deployable resources to meet the needs of disaster affected communities. A better understanding of the participating programs will allow CNCS to match the capabilities of the programs to the needs of the communities and will allow better asset mapping and resource typing. Additionally, the information collected will allow CNCS to conduct better outreach to interested programs by providing them with more information about CNCS disaster procedures, reimbursement requirements, and support services offered.
The additional tools and forms under the DRCA will allow for effective information collection during a disaster event as well as assess the capacity of all DRCA programs throughout the year. Information will be collected electronically through completion of the forms and emailed to CNCS.
CNCS seeks to renew the current information collection. The revisions are intended to streamline the application process and ensure interested programs meet the appropriate programmatic and fiscal requirements to successfully execute disaster response activities. Additionally, the supporting forms will help CNCS identify and deploy programs more effectively and efficiently, matching the capabilities of the programs to the needs of the communities requesting assistance.
The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on March 31, 2015.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: Disaster Response Cooperative Agreement.
OMB Number: 3045-0133.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Current grantees and CNCS-supported programs.
Total Respondents: 100.
Frequency: Varies, see chart.
Average Time per Response: Varies, see chart.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 4,970.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Start Printed Page 40072
Total Burden Cost (Operating/Maintenance): None
|Instrument||Frequency per year||Respondents||Time per response (hours)||Total time per instrument|
|DRT Quarterly Capacity Assessment||4||25||1||100|
|CNCS Disaster Budget and Deployment Form||5||25||1||125|
|CNCS Disaster Budget and Deployment Amendment Form||5||25||1||125|
|CNCS National Service Daily Situation Report||150||25||1||3750|
|CNCS National Service Daily Situation Report Full Guidance||1||25||2||50|
|CNCS Disaster Deployment After Action Report||5||25||2||250|
|CNCS-FEMA Mission Assignment Reimbursement Form||5||25||2||250|
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 8, 2014.
Senior Advisor, Disaster Services Unit.
[FR Doc. 2014-16283 Filed 7-10-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P