This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/05/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on April 23, 2014.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 536, “Operator Licensing Examination Data.”
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0131.
4. The form number if applicable: NRC Form 536.
5. How often the collection is required: Annually.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: All holders of operating licenses for nuclear power reactors under the provision of Part 50 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR), “Domestic Licensing of Production and Utilization Facilities,” except those that have permanently ceased operations and have certified that fuel has been permanently removed from the reactor vessel. All holders of, or applicants for, a limited work authorization, early site permit, or combined license issued under 10 CFR Part 52, “Licenses, Certifications and Approval for Nuclear Power Plants.”
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 105.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 105.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 105.
10. Abstract: The NRC is requesting renewal of its clearance to annually request all commercial power reactor licensees and applicants for an operating license to voluntarily send to the NRC: (1) Their projected number of candidates for initial operator licensing examinations; (2) the estimated dates of the examinations; (3) if the examinations will be facility developed or NRC developed, and (4) the estimated number of individuals that will participate in the Generic Fundamentals Examination (GFE) for that calendar year. Except for the GFE, this information is used to plan budgets and resources in regard to operator examination scheduling in order to meet the needs of the nuclear power industry.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by September 5, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Y. Jones, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0131), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The Acting NRC Clearance Officer is Brenda Miles, telephone: 301-415-7884.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 1st day of August, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Acting NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-18562 Filed 8-5-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P