This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/15/2014 at 08:45 am.
Civil Rights Division, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Civil Rights Division, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for “sixty days” until October 17, 2014.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Alberto Ruisanchez, Deputy Special Counsel, USDOJ-CRT-OSC, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW-NYA, Washington, DC 20530.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: OSC Charge Form.
(3) Agency form number: [Form OSC-1].
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: General Public. Information is used to find jurisdiction to investigate the alleged discrimination, to seek whether a referral to another agency is necessary and to provide information needed to initiate investigation of the charge. Respondents are individuals.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 300 respondents will complete each form annually; each response will be completed in approximately 30 minutes.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There is an estimated 2,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Suite 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: August 13, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-19551 Filed 8-15-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-13-P