This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 08/21/2014 at 08:45 am.
National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Commerce.
Final rule; correction.
This document contains corrections to the final rule to amend regulations implementing the Atlantic Large Whale Take Reduction Plan, which published June 27, 2014, with an effective date of August 26, 2014.
Effective August 26, 2014.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The final rule contains errors concerning the delineation of the boundary of the Cape Cod Bay Restricted Management Area. In addition, the final rule incorrectly omitted New Hampshire state waters from the definition of the Northern Inshore State Waters Management Area. This correction notice provides clarification regarding the correct boundaries of these management areas.
This final rule has been determined to be not significant for the purposes of Executive Order 12866. The Assistant Administrator for Fisheries, NOAA, finds good cause under the Administrative Procedures Act to waive notice and opportunity for public comments as it is unnecessary for a non-substantive correcting amendment.
CorrectionsStart Amendment Part
1. On page 36614, in column 3, § 229.32(c)(7)(i) is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(c) * * *
(7) Northern Inshore State Trap/Pot Waters Area—(i) Area. The Northern Inshore State Trap/Pot Waters Area includes the state waters of Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Maine, with the exception of Massachusetts Restricted Area and those waters exempted under paragraph (a)(3) of this section. Federal waters west of 70°00′ N. lat. in Nantucket Sound are also included in the Northern Inshore State Trap/Pot Waters Area.
2. On page 36616, in column 3, § 229.32(d)(3)(i) is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(d) * * *
(3) Cape Cod Bay Restricted Area—(i) Area. The Cape Cod Bay restricted area is bounded by the following points and on the south and east by the interior shoreline of Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
|Point||N. lat.||W. long.|
3. On page 36618, in column 2, § 229.32(e)(1)(i) is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(e) Restrictions applicable to drift gillnet gear—(1) Cape Cod Bay Restricted Area—(i) Area. The Cape Cod Bay Restricted Area is bounded by the following points and on the south and east by the interior shoreline of Cape Cod, Massachusetts.
|Point||N. lat.||W. long.|
Dated: August 18, 2014.
Samuel D. Rauch III,
Deputy Assistant Administrator for Regulatory Programs, National Marine Fisheries Service.
[FR Doc. 2014-20003 Filed 8-21-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 3510-22-P