Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of the OMB review of information collection and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has recently submitted to OMB for review the following proposal for the collection of information under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35). The NRC hereby informs potential respondents that an agency may not conduct or sponsor, and that a person is not required to respond to, a collection of information unless it displays a currently valid OMB control number. The NRC published a Federal Register notice with a 60-day comment period on this information collection on July 2, 2014.
1. Type of submission, new, revision, or extension: Extension.
2. The title of the information collection: Voluntary Reporting of Performance Indicators.
3. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0195.
4. The form number if applicable: N/A.
5. How often the collection is required: Quarterly.
6. Who will be required or asked to report: Power reactor licensees.
7. An estimate of the number of annual responses: 400.
8. The estimated number of annual respondents: 100.
9. An estimate of the total number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 81,250 hours (80,000 hours of reporting and 1,250 hours of recordkeeping).
10. Abstract: As part of a joint industry-NRC initiative, the NRC receives information submitted voluntarily by power reactor licensees regarding selected performance attributes known as performance indicators (PIs). Performance indicators are objective measures of the performance of licensee systems or programs. The NRC uses PI information and inspection results in its Reactor Oversight Process to make decisions about plant performance and regulatory response. Licensees transmit PIs electronically to reduce burden on themselves and the NRC.
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the final supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments and questions should be directed to the OMB reviewer listed below by October 27, 2014. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but assurance of consideration cannot be given to comments received after this date.
Danielle Y. Jones, Desk Officer, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (3150-0195), NEOB-10202, Office of Management and Budget, Washington, DC 20503.
Comments can also be emailed to Danielle_Y_Jones@omb.eop.gov or submitted by telephone at 202-395-1741.
The NRC Clearance Officer is Kristen Benney, telephone: 301-415-6355.
Start Printed Page 57985
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 23rd day of September, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-22968 Filed 9-25-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P