This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 09/26/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comments.
The Department of State is seeking Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval for the information collection described below. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995, we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this notice is to allow 60 days for public comment preceded submission of the collection to OMB.
The Department will accept comments from the public up to November 28, 2014.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods:
- Web: Persons with access to the Internet may use the Federal Docket Management System (FDMS) to comment on this notice by going to www.Regulations.gov. You can search for the document by entering “Public Notice 8888” in the Search bar. If necessary, use the Narrow by Agency filter option on the Results page.
- Email: JExchanges@State.gov.
- Mail (paper, disk, or CD-ROM submissions): U.S. Department of State, ECA/EC, SA-5, Floor 5, 2200 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0505, ATTN: Federal Register Notice Response.
You must include the DS form number (if applicable), information collection title, and the OMB control number in any correspondence.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Robin J. Lerner, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange, ECA/EC, SA-5, Floor 5, Department of State, 2200 C Street NW., Washington, DC 20522-0505, who may be reached on 202-632-3206 or at JExchanges@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Training/Internship Placement Plan.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0170.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, ECA/EC.
- Form Number: Form DS-7002.
- Respondents: Entities designated by the Department of State as sponsors of exchange visitor programs in the trainee or intern categories and U.S. businesses that provide the training or internship opportunity.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 120.Start Printed Page 58401
- Estimated Number of Responses: 30,000.
- Average Hours Per Response: 1.5 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden: 45,000 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion depending on the number of exchange participants annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Required to Obtain or Retain Benefits.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper performance of our functions.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the burden of the proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of technology.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The collection is the continuation of information collected and needed by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in administering the Exchange Visitor Program (J-Visa) under the provisions of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, as amended. Trainee/Internship Placement Plans are to be completed by designated program sponsors. A Training/Internship Placement Plan is required for each trainee or intern participant. It will set forth the training or internship program to be followed, methods of supervision, the skills the trainee or intern will obtain, and trainee or intern remuneration. The plan must be signed by the trainee or intern, sponsor, and the third party placement organization, if a third party organization is used in the conduct of the training or internship. Upon request, trainees or interns must present a fully executed Trainee/Internship Placement Plan on Form DS-7002 to any Consular Official interviewing them in connection with the issuance of J-1 visas.Start Signature
Dated: September 22, 2014.
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Private Sector Exchange Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-23111 Filed 9-26-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-05-P