This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/01/2014 at 08:45 am.
30-day notice of information collection for review; Suspicious/Criminal Activity Tip Reporting.
The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE), will submit the following information collection request for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection is published in the Federal Register to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. The information collection was previously published in the Federal Register on July 30, 2014, Vol. 79 No. 17964 allowing for a 60 day comment period. USICE received no comments during this period. The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments.
Written comments and suggestions regarding items contained in this notice and especially with regard to the estimated public burden and associated response time should be directed to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Office of Management and Budget. Comments should be addressed to the OMB Desk Officer for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security, and sent via electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (202) 395-5806.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agencies estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of a currently approved information collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Suspicious/Criminal Activity Tip Reporting.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department of Homeland Security sponsoring the collection: U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or Households, Business or other non-profit. DHS/ICE maintains multiple tools for tip reporting to allow the public and law enforcement partners to report tip information regarding crimes within the jurisdiction of DHS.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond:
|Number of respondents||Form name||Average burden per response (in hours)|
|66,000||Homeland Security Investigations Tip Form||0.16|
|20||Bulk Cash Smuggling Center Contact Form||0.16|
|118,000||Suspicious Activity Tip Line||0.10|
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 22,363 annual burden hours.Start Signature
Dated: September 29, 2014.
Program Manager, Forms Management Office, Office of the Chief Information Officer, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2014-23458 Filed 10-1-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-28-P