Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: 10 CFR Part 95, Facility Security Clearance and Safeguarding of National Security Information and Restricted Data.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0047.
3. How often the collection is required: On Occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: NRC-regulated facilities and their contractors who require access to, and possession of, NRC classified information.
5. The number of annual respondents: 110.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 984.7 (832.7 reporting hours + 152 recordkeeping hours).
7. Abstract: NRC-regulated facilities and their contractors who are authorized to possess classified matter are required to provide information and maintain records to ensure that an adequate level of protection is provided to NRC classified information and material. This clearance is being revised to add a voluntary form (NRC Form 450F) for fulfilling reporting requirements under § 95.17 of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
Submit, by December 2, 2014, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine, and have copied for a fee, publicly-available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2013-0088. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments: go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2013-0088; or mail comments to the NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F42), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC's Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F42), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, telephone: 301-415-6258, or by email to http://www.INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 29th day of September 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-23598 Filed 10-2-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P