This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/08/2014 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. Chapter 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: NRC Form 396, “Certification of Medical Examination by Facility Licensee.”
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0024.
3. How often the collection is required: Upon application for an initial or upgrade license; every 6 years for the renewal of an operator or senior operator license, and notices of disability that occur during licensed tenure.
4. Who is required or asked to report: Facility licensees who are tasked with certifying the medical fitness of applicants and operator licensees.
5. The number of annual respondents: 131.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,968 hours (1,668 Reporting Hours and 300 Recordkeeping Hours.)
7. Abstract: NRC Form 396 is used to transmit information to the NRC regarding the medical condition of applicants for initial operator licenses or renewal of operator licenses and for the maintenance of medical records for all Start Printed Page 61106licensed operators. The information is used to determine whether the physical condition and general health of applicants for operator licenses and licensed operators are such that the applicant/operator would not be expected to cause operational errors endangering public health and safety.
Submit, by December 8, 2014, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/. The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2014-0214. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2014-0214. Mail comments to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F42), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F42), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 6th day of October, 2014.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2014-24117 Filed 10-8-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P