This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 10/22/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to November 24, 2014.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Ronda Harvey, who may be reached on (202) 647-6009 or at HarveyRJ2@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Individual, Corporate or Foundation and Government Donor Letter Application.
- OMB Control Number: None.
- Type of Request: Collection in use without an OMB control number.
- Originating Office: Office of Emergencies in the Diplomatic and Consular Service (EDCS).
- Form Numbers: Donor Form—Individual (DS-4273), Donor Form—Corporate or Foundation (DS-4272), Donor Form—Government (DS-4271).
- Respondents: Individuals, corporations, or foundations that make donations to the Department.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 3665.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 3665.
- Average Time per Response: 5 minutes per form.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 305 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Mandatory.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection:
The Office of Emergencies in the Diplomatic and Consular Service (EDCS) manages the solicitation and acceptance of gifts to the U.S. Department of State. The information requested via donor letters is a necessary first step to accepting donations. The information is sought pursuant to 22 U.S.C. 2697, 5 U.S.C. 7324 and 22 CFR Part 3) and will be used by EDCS's Gift Fund Coordinator to demonstrate the donor's intention to donate either an in-kind or monetary gift to the Department. This information is mandatory and must be completed before the gift is received by the Department.
The information collection forms will be available electronically via the State Department's Internet Web site (http://eforms.state.gov). Donors can also complete hard-copies of the form and mail them to EDCS if internet access is not available.Start Signature
Dated: October 14, 2014.
Gift Funds Coordinator, M/EDCS, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-25263 Filed 10-22-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-10-P