This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/21/2014 at 08:45 am.
Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until January 23, 2015.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Kimberly J. Brummett, Program Specialist, Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530 (202-353-9769).End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the Bureau of Justice Statistics, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., Start Printed Page 69882permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection, with change; comments requested.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: COPS Application Package.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection: None. U.S. Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Law enforcement agencies and other public and private entities that apply for COPS Office grants or cooperative agreements will be asked to complete the COPS Application Package. The COPS Application Package includes all of the necessary forms and instructions that an applicant needs to review and complete to apply for COPS grant funding. The package is used as a standard template for all COPS programs.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that 5000 respondents annually will complete the form within 11 hours.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: There are an estimated 55,000 total annual burden hours associated with this collection. It is estimated that respondents will take 11 hours to complete a questionnaire. The burden hours for collecting respondent data sum to 55,000 hours (5000 respondents × 11 hours = 55,000 hours).
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: November 19, 2014.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2014-27717 Filed 11-21-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P