This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 11/25/2014 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this Start Printed Page 70610collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to December 26, 2014.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Allyson King at 3507 International Place NW., Washington, DC 20008, who may be reached on (202) 647-3417 or at email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: Foreign Diplomatic Services Applications (FDSA).
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0105.
- Type of Request: Revision of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: M/OFM.
- Form Number: DS-99, DS-98, DS-100, DS-101, DS-102, DS-104, DS-1504, DS-1972, DS-2003, DS-2004, DS-2005, DS-2006, DS-2007, DS-2008, DS-2003 E, DS-1972 E, DS-4138, DS-4139, DS-4140, DS-4155, DS-7675, DS-1972 D, DS-1972 T, DS-4284, DS-4285.
- Respondents: Foreign Mission Community.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 1108.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 76,274 annually.
- Average Time per Response: 12 minutes.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: 12051.7 hours annually.
- Frequency: On occasion; annually.
- Obligation to Respond: Mandatory.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection: Collection information instruments dealing with information collection from the foreign mission community, to include the electronic data compilation (e-Gov), have been combined under one information collection request, collectively referred to as the “Foreign Diplomatic Services Applications”. These information collection instruments provide M/OFM with the information necessary to provide and administer an effective and efficient benefits, privileges, and immunities program by which foreign missions and eligible applicants may apply for entitled benefits from the U.S. Department of State.
Methodology: Information may be received via mail, fax, or electronic submission.Start Signature
Dated: November 21, 2014.
Clifton C. Seagroves,
Director, Acting, Office of Foreign Missions, Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2014-28050 Filed 11-25-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-35-P