The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as part of its continuing effort to reduce public burden and maximize the utility of government information, invites the general public and other Federal agencies to take this opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing information collections, as required by the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. To request more information on the below proposed project or to obtain a copy of the information collection plan and instruments, call 404-639-7570 or send comments to Leroy A. Richardson, 1600 Clifton Road, MS-D74, Atlanta, GA 30333 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget (OMB) approval. Comments are invited on: (a) Whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information shall have practical utility; (b) the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information; (c) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected;(d) ways to minimize the burden of the collection of information on respondents, including through the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology; and (e) estimates of capital or start-up costs and costs of operation, maintenance, and purchase of services to provide information. Burden means the total time, effort, or financial resources expended by persons to generate, maintain, retain, disclose or provide information to or for a Federal agency. This includes the time needed to review instructions; to develop, acquire, install and utilize technology and systems for the purpose of collecting, validating and verifying information, processing and maintaining information, and disclosing and providing information; to train personnel and to be able to respond to Start Printed Page 74100a collection of information, to search data sources, to complete and review the collection of information; and to transmit or otherwise disclose the information. Written comments should be received within 60 days of this notice.
Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Forms (OMB Control No. 0920-0900, expiration date: October 31, 2017)- Revision -National Center for Emerging and Zoonotic Infectious Diseases (NCEZID), Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Background and Brief Description
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Division of Global Migration and Quarantine (DGMQ) requests revision to a currently approved information collection, OMB Control Number 0920-0900, Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Forms. CDC is requesting the addition of Ebola-specific information collection tools to supplement the CDC's routine contact investigation activities so that CDC can better assess the risk to individuals who may have been exposed to a confirmed case of Ebola while traveling to or within the United States. These forms were approved by OMB under an emergency clearance, OMB Control Number 0920-1032. The additional forms to be added are as follows:
- Ebola Airline passenger exposure questionnaire—This contact investigation form gathers information from airline passengers who traveled on plane(s) and sat within a 3 foot area around the suspected case and travel companions of the suspected case to determine the level of exposure and risk, as well as other passengers who may have had contact with the case's bodily fluids. Information gathered in this form is shared with the CDC to determine risk level. Risk levels are outlined in CDC's Movement and Monitoring Guidance.
- Ebola exposure Assessment Flight Crew—The flight exposure questionnaire is used to ascertain the same relevant information included in the passenger questionnaire for all crew who worked on flight(s) and came into contact with Ebola patient(s).
- Ebola exposure Assessment Cleaning Crew—This form collects the same information as the flight crew exposure questionnaire, used to determine the level of exposure a member of the cleaning crew who serviced a flight with an ill patient(s).
- Ebola exposure Assessment Airport or other port of entry staff—This questionnaire is utilized for airport staff who may have come into contact with a person ill with Ebola. Airport staff members are identified through conversations with airport authority to determine which employees carried out tasks that would have put them in contact with the ill person or their body fluids.
- Passengers of other commercial conveyance Ebola exposure questionnaire—This questionnaire collects the same information as the airline passenger questionnaire but will be utilized for passengers of commercial conveyance that is land- or waterborne
- Finally, the introduction and confirmation script is to be used by CDC staff manning open call lines available for persons who traveled on planes that carried suspected or confirmed patients with Ebola. As with the other questionnaires, this script assesses the risk of a plan passenger who was not in the immediate vicinity of the Ebola patient but still has concerns about the level of exposure and risk of contracting the virus.
CDC is not proposing any changes to the routine contact investigation forms already approved under this information collection request.
The total burden associated with this revision is 10,949 hours, including both standard contact investigation forms and updated forms to account for Ebola transmission. There are no costs to respondents other than their time.
Estimated Annualized Burden Hours
|Type of respondent||Form name||Number of respondents||Number of responses per
respondent||Average burden per
|State/local health department staff||General Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Air)||12||1||5/60||1|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||General Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—word version)||100||1||5/60||8|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||General Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—Excel version)||100||1||5/60||8|
|State/local health department staff||General Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Land)||12||1||5/60||1|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||TB Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Air)||1,244||1||5/60||104|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||TB Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—word version)||150||1||5/60||13|
|State/local health department staff||TB Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—Excel version)||150||1||5/60||13|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||Measles Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Air)||964||1||5/60||80|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||Measles Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—word version)||63||1||5/60||5|
|State/local health department staff||Measles Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—excel version)||63||1||5/60||5|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||Rubella Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Air)||95||1||5/60||8|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||Rubella Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime -word version)||12||1||5/60||1|
|Cruise Ship Physicians/Cargo Ship Managers||Rubella Contact Investigation Outcome Reporting Form (Maritime—excel version)||12||1||5/60||1|
|Start Printed Page 74101|
|Passenger||Ebola Airline Exposure Assessment Passenger||3,400||2||20/60||2,267|
|Flight Crew||Ebola Airline Exposure Assessment Flight Crew||2,400||2||20/60||1,600|
|Cleaning Crew||Ebola Airline Exposure Assessment Cleaning Crew||1,200||2||20/60||800|
|Airport or Other Port of Entry Staff||Ebola Airline Exposure Assessment Airport or Other Port of Entry Staff||1,000||2||20/60||667|
|Passengers on other commercial conveyances||Ebola Exposure Questionnaire for Passengers on other commercial conveyances||1,800||2||20/60||1,200|
|Traveler||Script—Introduction and Confirmation||50,000||1||5/60||4,167|
Leroy A. Richardson,
Chief, Information Collection Review Office, Office of Scientific Integrity, Office of the Associate Director for Science, Office of the Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
[FR Doc. 2014-29220 Filed 12-12-14; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4163-18-P