Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Notice of pending NRC action to submit an information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and solicitation of public comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) invites public comment about our intention to request the OMB's approval for renewal of an existing information collection that is summarized below. We are required to publish this notice in the Federal Register under the provisions of the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (44 U.S.C. 35).
Information pertaining to the requirement to be submitted:
1. The title of the information collection: Requests to Non-Agreement States for Information.
2. Current OMB approval number: 3150-0200.
3. How often the collection is required: On occasion.
4. Who is required or asked to report: The 15 Non-Agreement States (13 States, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico that have not signed section 274(b) Agreements with the NRC).
5. The number of annual respondents: 15.
6. The number of hours needed annually to complete the requirement or request: 1,089.
7. Abstract: The NRC is seeking to revise this information collection to be a plan for a generic collection of information. The need and practicality of the collection can be evaluated, but the details of the specific individual collections will not be known until a later time. Requests may be made of Non-Agreement States that are similar to those of Agreement States to provide a Start Printed Page 1052more complete overview of the national program for regulating radioactive materials. This information would be used in the decision-making of the Commission. With Agreement States and as part of the NRC's cooperative post-agreement program with the States pursuant to section 274(b), information on licensing and inspection practices, and/or incidents, and other technical and statistical information are exchanged. Therefore, information requests sought may take the form of surveys, e.g., telephonic and electronic surveys/polls and facsimiles.
Submit, by March 9, 2015, comments that address the following questions:
1. Is the proposed collection of information necessary for the NRC to properly perform its functions? Does the information have practical utility?
2. Is the burden estimate accurate?
3. Is there a way to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected?
4. How can the burden of the information collection be minimized, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology?
The public may examine and have copied for a fee publicly-available documents, including the draft supporting statement, at the NRC's Public Document Room, Room O-1F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852. The OMB clearance requests are available at the NRC's Web site: http://www.nrc.gov/public-involve/doc-comment/omb/.
The document will be available on the NRC's home page site for 60 days after the signature date of this notice.
Comments submitted in writing or in electronic form will be made available for public inspection. Because your comments will not be edited to remove any identifying or contact information, the NRC cautions you against including any information in your submission that you do not want to be publicly disclosed. Comments submitted should reference Docket No. NRC-2014-0272. You may submit your comments by any of the following methods: Electronic comments go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket No. NRC-2014-0272. Mail comments to NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
Questions about the information collection requirements may be directed to the NRC Clearance Officer, Tremaine Donnell (T-5 F53), U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001, by telephone at 301-415-6258, or by email to INFOCOLLECTS.Resource@NRC.GOV.
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 2nd day of January, 2015.
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
NRC Clearance Officer, Office of Information Services.
[FR Doc. 2015-00083 Filed 1-7-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P