U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on October 20, 2014 at 79 FR 62649, allowing for a 60-day public comment period. USCIS did not receive any comments in connection with the 60-day notice.
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 23, Start Printed Page 32472015. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, must be directed to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may also be submitted via fax at (202) 395-5806. All submissions received must include the agency name and the OMB Control Number 1615-0122.
You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make. For additional information please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal site at: http://www.regulations.gov. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, Laura Dawkins, Chief, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2140, Telephone number 202-272-8377.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection Request: Extension, Without Change, of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: USCIS Identity and Credentialing Access Management (ICAM) and USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS).
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the DHS sponsoring the collection: No Form; USCIS.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households. USCIS ICAM will allow the public to create an account with USCIS and then return as a registered user to complete forms or to interact in other ways that become available to the user. The USCIS ELIS is a system that the user can enter either through the USCIS ICAM account, or for a select limited number of forms, create an account directly in USCIS ELIS and then complete an electronic version of certain USCIS forms.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The estimated total number of respondents for the information collection is 1,220,504 and the estimated hour burden per response is .167 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual hour burden associated with this collection is 203,824 hours.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 13, 2015.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2015-00978 Filed 1-21-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P