This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/21/2015 at 08:45 am.
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for 60 days until March 23, 2015.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Helen Koppe at firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Evaluate whether and if so how the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected can be enhanced; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection 1140-0067
1. Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing collection.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: Licensed Firearms Manufacturers Records of Production, Disposition, and Supporting Data.
3. The agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: None.Start Printed Page 3254
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Abstract: Firearms manufacturers' records are permanent records of all firearms manufactured and records of their disposition. These records are vital to support ATF's mission to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 2,378 respondents will take 1.068 minutes to maintain records.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 177,534 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.Start Signature
Dated: January 16, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-01020 Filed 1-21-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P