This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/26/2015 at 08:45 am.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and clearance in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The information collection notice was previously published in the Federal Register on October 22, 2014, at 79 FR 63157, allowing for a 60-day public comment period for proposed revisions to the information collection. USCIS is, however, postponing implementation of any revisions to this information collection (projected until later in 2015 to early 2016), and is therefore requesting to extend the currently approved edition of this information collection without change at this time. USCIS received five comment submissions from four commenters on the proposed revisions to this information. USCIS acknowledges receipt of the comments and will be addressing the public comments received in response to the 60-day revision notice published on October 22, 2014, when it publishes a new 60-day notice with the proposed revisions.Start Printed Page 4299
The purpose of this notice is to allow an additional 30 days for public comments. Comments are encouraged and will be accepted until February 26, 2015. This process is conducted in accordance with 5 CFR 1320.10.
Written comments and/or suggestions regarding the item(s) contained in this notice, especially regarding the estimated public burden and associated response time, must be directed to the OMB USCIS Desk Officer via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments may also be submitted via fax at (202) 395-5806. All submissions received must include the agency name and the OMB Control Number 1615-0061.
You may wish to consider limiting the amount of personal information that you provide in any voluntary submission you make. For additional information please read the Privacy Act notice that is available via the link in the footer of http://www.regulations.gov.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you need a copy of the information collection instrument with instructions, or additional information, please visit the Federal eRulemaking Portal site at: http://www.regulations.gov, e-Docket number USCIS-2007-0046. We may also be contacted at: USCIS, Office of Policy and Strategy, Regulatory Coordination Division, Laura Dawkins, Chief, 20 Massachusetts Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20529-2140, Telephone number 202-272-8377.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The address listed in this notice should only be used to submit comments concerning this information collection. Please do not submit requests for individual case status inquiries to this address. If you are seeking information about the status of your individual case, please check “My Case Status” online at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do, or call the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies should address one or more of the following four points:
(1) Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
(2) Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
(3) Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
(4) Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection
(1) Type of Information Collection Request: Extension, Without Change, of a Currently Approved Collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Application for Regional Center under the Immigrant Investor Program and Supplement.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the DHS sponsoring the collection: Form I-924 and I-924A; USCIS.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Primary: Individuals or households, for-profit organizations, and not-for-profit organizations. This collection will be used by individuals, for-profit organizations, and not-for-profit organizations to file a request for USCIS approval and designation as a regional center on behalf of an entity under the Immigrant Investor Program.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: The estimated total number of respondents for the information collection Form I-924 is 311 and the estimated hour burden per response is 40 hours; and for Form I-924A 380 at 3 hours.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The total estimated annual hour burden associated with this collection is 13,580 hours.
(7) An estimate of the total public burden (in cost) associated with the collection: The estimated total annual cost burden associated with this collection of information is $852,876.Start Signature
Dated: January 21, 2015.
Chief, Regulatory Coordination Division, Office of Policy and Strategy, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security.
[FR Doc. 2015-01338 Filed 1-26-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 9111-97-P