This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 01/26/2015 at 08:45 am.
National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity, Office of Postsecondary Education, Department of Education
List the members of the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI). This notice is required under Section 114(e)(1) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended.
The NACIQI is established under Section 114 of the HEA, and is composed of 18 members appointed—
(A) On the basis of the individuals' experience, integrity, impartiality, and good judgment;
(B) From among individuals who are representatives of, or knowledgeable concerning, education and training beyond secondary education, representing all sectors and types of institutions of higher education; and,
(C) On the basis of the individuals' technical qualifications, professional standing, and demonstrated knowledge in the fields of accreditation and administration of higher education.
The NACIQI meets at least twice a year and provides recommendations to the Secretary of Education pertaining to:
- The establishment and enforcement of the standards of accrediting agencies or associations under subpart 2 of part H of Title IV, HEA.
- The recognition of specific accrediting agencies or associations.
- The preparation and publication of the list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies and associations.
- The eligibility and certification process for institutions of higher education under Title IV of the HEA.
- The relationship between (1) accreditation of institutions of higher education and the certification and eligibility of such institutions, and (2) State licensing responsibilities with respect to such institutions.
- Any other advisory functions relating to accreditation and institutional eligibility that the Secretary may prescribe by regulation.
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8072, Washington, DC 20006.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Carol Griffiths, Executive Director, NACIQI, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8073, Washington, DC 20006-8129, telephone: (202) 219-7035, fax: (202) 502-7874, or email Carol.Griffiths@ed.gov.
What are the terms of office for the committee members?
The term of office of each member is six years. Any member appointed to fill a vacancy occurring prior to the expiration of the term for which the member's predecessor was appointed is appointed for the remainder of the term.
Who are the current members of the committee?
The current members of the NACIQI are:
Members Appointed by Secretary of Education Arne Duncan With Terms Expiring September 30, 2019:
- Susan D. Phillips, Ph.D., NACIQI Chair, Vice President for Strategic Partnerships, University at Albany. Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn, New York.
- Simon J. Boehme, Mitchell Scholar studying for a Master's degree at Maynooth University in Maynooth, Ireland.
- Roberta L. Derlin, Ph.D., Associate Provost, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- John Etchemendy, Ph.D., Provost, Stanford University, Stanford, California.
- Frank H. Wu, J.D., Chancellor and Dean, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, San Francisco, California.
- Federico Zaragoza, Ph.D., Vice Chancellor of Economic and Workforce Development, Alamo Community College District, San Antonio, Texas.
Members Appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives with Terms Expiring September 30, 2020:
- Arthur Keiser, Ph.D., NACIQI Vice-Chair, Chancellor, Keiser University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- William Pepicello, Ph.D., President Emeritus, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Arthur J. Rothkopf, J.D., President Emeritus, Lafayette College, Easton, Pennsylvania.
Members Appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate with Terms Expiring September 30, 2016:
- Jill Derby, Ph.D., Governance Consultant, Association of Governing Start Printed Page 4261Boards of Colleges and Universities, Washington, D. C.
- Anne D. Neal, J.D., President, American Council of Trustees and Alumni, Washington, D.C.
- Richard F. O'Donnell, Chief Revenue Officer, The Fullbridge Program, Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Cameron C. Staples, J.D., President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Bedford, Massachusetts.
Electronic Access to This Document: The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available via the Federal Digital System at www.gpo.gov/fdsys. At this site you can view this document, as well as all other documents of this Department published in the Federal Register, in text or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To use PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free at the site. You may also access documents of the Department published in the Federal Register by using the article search feature at: www.federalregister.gov. Specifically, through the advanced search feature at this site, you can limit your search to documents published by the Department.Start Signature
Secretary of Education.
[FR Doc. 2015-01400 Filed 1-26-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE P