The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the Start Printed Page 5121following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by March 2, 2015.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 or Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: New collection (Request for a new OMB control number); Title of Information Collection: Ambulatory Surgical Center Quality Reporting Program; Use: Our quality reporting programs promote higher quality, more efficient health care for Medicare beneficiaries. We have implemented quality measure reporting programs for multiple settings, including for ambulatory surgical centers. Section 109(b) of the Tax Relief and Health Care Act of 2006 (TRHCA) (Pub. L. 109-432) amended section 1833(i) of the Act by re-designating clause (iv) as clause (v) and adding new clause (iv) to paragraph (2)(D) and by adding new paragraph (7). Section 1833(i)(2)(D)(iv) of the Act authorizes, but does not require, the Secretary to implement the revised ASC payment system “in a manner so as to provide for a reduction in any annual update for failure to report on quality measures in accordance with paragraph (7).” Section 1833(i)(7)(A) of the Act states that the Secretary may provide that any ASC that does not submit quality measures to the Secretary in accordance with paragraph (7) will incur a 2.0 percentage point reduction to any annual increase provided under the revised ASC payment system for such year. Sections 1833(t)(17)(C)(i) and (ii) of the Act require the Secretary to develop measures appropriate for the measurement of the quality of care furnished in outpatient settings.
Section 3014 of the Affordable Care Act of 2010 (ACA) modified section 1890(b) of the Social Security Act to require CMS to develop quality and efficiency measures through a “consensus-based entity”. To fulfill this requirement, the Measure Applications Partnership (MAP) was formed to review measures consistent with these requirements. The MAP is convened by the National Quality Forum (NQF), a national consensus organization. In implementing this and other quality reporting programs, our overarching goal is to support the National Quality Strategy's goals of better health for individuals, better health for populations, and lower costs for health care.
This information is used to direct contractors, including Quality Improvement Organizations (QIOs), to focus on particular areas of improvement, and to develop quality improvement initiatives. The information is made available to ASCs for their use in internal quality improvement initiatives. Most importantly, this information is available to Medicare beneficiaries, as well as to the general public, to provide information to assist them in making decisions about their health care. Form Number: CMS-10530 (OMB control number: 0938-NEW); Frequency: Annually; Affected Public: Private sector (business or other for-profits and not-for-profit institutions); Number of Respondents: 5,250; Total Annual Responses: 744,816; Total Annual Hours: 444,790. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Anita Bhatia at 410-786-7236.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension without change of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Certification as a Supplier of Portable X-Ray and Portable X-Ray Survey Report Form and Supporting Regulations; Use: CMS-1880 is initially completed by suppliers of portable X-ray services, expressing an interest in and requesting participation in the Medicare program. This form initiates the process of obtaining a decision as to whether the conditions of coverage are met as a portable X-ray supplier. It also promotes data reduction or introduction to, and retrieval from, the Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER) by the CMS Regional Offices (ROs).
The CMS-1882 is used by the State survey agency to provide data collected during an on-site survey of a supplier of portable X-ray services to determine compliance with the applicable conditions of participation and to report this information to the Federal Government. The form is primarily a coding worksheet designed to facilitate data reduction and retrieval into the ASPEN system at the CMS Regional Offices. The form includes basic information on compliance (i.e., met, not met, explanatory statements) and does not require any descriptive information regarding the survey activity itself. We have the responsibility and authority for certification decisions which are based on supplier compliance with the applicable conditions of participation. The information needed to make these decisions is available to us only through the use of information abstracted from the survey report form. Form Numbers: CMS-1880 and CMS-1882 (OMB control number: 0938-0027); Frequency: Occasionally; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 579; Total Annual Responses: 86; Total Annual Hours: 151. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact James Cowher at 410-786-1948.)
Start Printed Page 5122
End Supplemental Information
Dated: January 27, 2015.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-01777 Filed 1-29-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P