This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 02/03/2015 at 08:45 am.
Notice of request for public comment and submission to OMB of proposed collection of information.
The Department of State has submitted the information collection described below to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for approval. In accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 we are requesting comments on this collection from all interested individuals and organizations. The purpose of this Notice is to allow 30 days for public comment.
Submit comments directly to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) up to March 6, 2015.
Direct comments to the Department of State Desk Officer in the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB). You may submit comments by the following methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the DS form number, information collection title, and the OMB control number in the subject line of your message.
- Fax: 202-395-5806. Attention: Desk Officer for Department of State.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Direct requests for additional information regarding the collection listed in this notice, including requests for copies of the proposed collection instrument and supporting documents, to Alfred Schandlbauer, who may be reached at 202-647-0237 or at Schandlbauerax@state.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
- Title of Information Collection: ADVANCE NOTIFICATION FORM: Tourist and Other Non-Governmental Activities in the Antarctic Treaty Area.
- OMB Control Number: 1405-0181.
- Type of Request: Extension of a Currently Approved Collection.
- Originating Office: Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, Office of Ocean and Polar Affairs (OES/OPA).
- Form Number: DS-4131.
- Respondents: Operators of Antarctic expeditions organized in or proceeding from the United States.
- Estimated Number of Respondents: 25.
- Estimated Number of Responses: 25.
- Average Time per Response: 10.5 hours.
- Total Estimated Burden Time: Approximately 260 hours.
- Frequency: On occasion.
- Obligation to Respond: Voluntary.
We are soliciting public comments to permit the Department to:
- Evaluate whether the proposed information collection is necessary for the proper functions of the Department.
- Evaluate the accuracy of our estimate of the time and cost burden for this proposed collection, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used.
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected.
- Minimize the reporting burden on those who are to respond, including the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology.
Please note that comments submitted in response to this Notice are public record. Before including any detailed personal information, you should be aware that your comments as submitted, including your personal information, will be available for public review.
Abstract of proposed collection:
Information solicited on the Advance Notification Form (DS-4131) provides the U.S. Government with information on tourist and other non-governmental expeditions to the Antarctic Treaty area. The U.S. Government needs this information to comply with Article VII(5)(a) of the Antarctic Treaty and associated documents.
Information will be submitted by U.S. organizers of tourist and other non-governmental expeditions to Antarctica. Copies should be submitted via email, although signed originals are also valid.Start Signature
Dated: January 28, 2015.
Evan T. Bloom,
Director, Office of Ocean and Polar Affairs, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, U.S. Department of State.
[FR Doc. 2015-02221 Filed 2-3-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4710-09-P