The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, and to allow a second opportunity for public comment on the notice. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding the burden estimate or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments on the collection(s) of information must be received by the OMB desk officer by March 30, 2015.
When commenting on the proposed information collections, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be received by the OMB desk officer via one of the following transmissions: OMB, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention: CMS Desk Officer, Fax Number: (202) 395-5806 or Email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the Start Printed Page 10688proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA) (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)) requires federal agencies to publish a 30-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice that summarizes the following proposed collection(s) of information for public comment:
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Extension of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Affordable Care Act Information and Collection Requirements for Section 1115 Demonstration Projects; Use: This collection is necessary to ensure that states comply with regulatory and statutory requirements related to the development, implementation and evaluation of demonstration projects. States seeking waiver authority under Section 1115 are required to meet certain requirements for public notice, the evaluation of demonstration projects, and reports to the Secretary on the implementation of approved demonstrations. Form Number: CMS-10341 (OMB control number 0938-1162); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 37; Total Annual Responses: 130; Total Annual Hours: 13,910. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Lane Terwilliger at 410-786-2059.)
2. Type of Information Collection Request: New collection (Request for a new OMB control number); Title of Information Collection: Executive Summary Form for Research Identifiable Data; Use: The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is responsible for administering the Medicare, Medicaid and State Children's Health Insurance Programs. We collect data to support the Agency's mission and operations. These data include information about Medicare beneficiaries, Medicare claims, Medicare providers, and Medicaid eligibility and claims. We disclose the identifiable data consistent with the routine uses identified in the Privacy Act Systems of Records notices that are published in the Federal Register and the limitations on uses and disclosures that are set out in the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
All requests for identifiable data are received and reviewed by the Division of Privacy Operations & Compliance (DPOC) in the Office of E-Health Standards and Services. The DPOC staff and the CMS Privacy Officer review the requests to determine if there is legal authorization for disclosure of the data. If legal authorization exists, the request is reviewed to ensure that the minimal data necessary is requested and approved for the project. Requests for identifiable data for research purposes must be submitted to and approved by the CMS Privacy Board. To assist the CMS Privacy Board with its review of research data requests, OIPDA has developed the Executive Summary (ES) forms. The ES collects all the information that the CMS Privacy Board needs to review and make a determination on whether the request meets the requirements for release of identifiable data for research purposes. We currently have three versions of the ES Form and an ES Supplement for Requestors of the National Death Index (NDI) Causes of Death Variables. Each meets the need for a different type of requestor. Form Number: CMS-10522 (OMB control number: 0938-New); Frequency: On occasion; Affected Public: State, Local, or Tribal Governments; Number of Respondents: 325; Total Annual Responses: 325; Total Annual Hours: 650. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Kim Elmo at 410-786-0161.)
End Supplemental Information
Dated: February 24, 2015.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-04113 Filed 2-26-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P