This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 03/03/2015 at 08:45 am.
Office of the Procurement Executive, Treasury.
The Department of the Treasury is amending the Department of the Treasury Acquisition Regulation (DTAR) in order to make editorial changes. These editorial changes are in response to updates made to the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Treasury bureau organizational restructuring, and other internal updates that have occurred since the 2013 edition.
Effective: April 3, 2015.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Thomas O'Linn, Procurement Analyst, Office of the Procurement Executive, at (202) 622-2092.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
The DTAR, which supplement the Federal Acquisition Regulation, are codified at 48 CFR Chapter 10. In order to update certain elements in 48 CFR part 10, the Department issued a proposed rule on December 23, 2014 (79 FR 76948) to solicit comments on certain editorial changes to the DTAR, which include updating Treasury bureau names and updating titles and dates, and other nonsubstantive revisions. This proposed rule also invited comments on removal of the Earned Value Management System provisions codified at section 1052.234-72. There is no longer a need for Treasury-specific coverage in this area.
The public comment period on the proposed rule closed on January 22, 2015. No comments were received. Accordingly, the Department is adopting the provisions of the proposed rule without change.
Regulatory Planning and Review
This rule is not a significant regulatory action as defined in section 3(f) of Executive Order 12866. Therefore a regulatory assessment is not required.
Regulatory Flexibility Act
The Regulatory Flexibility Act (5 U.S.C. chapter 6) generally requires agencies to conduct an initial regulatory flexibility analysis and a final regulatory flexibility analysis of any rule subject to notice and comment rulemaking requirements, unless the agency certifies that the rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities.
It is hereby certified that this rule will not have a significant economic impact on a substantial number of small entities. Although the rule may affect a substantial number of small entities, the rule is limited to nonsubstantive, editorial changes to the DTAR, which are anticipated to have no economic impact. Therefore, a regulatory flexibility analysis is not required.
Paperwork Reduction Act
The information collections contained in this rule have been previously approved by the Office of Management and Budget under the Paperwork Reduction Act (44 U.S.C. 3501, et seq.) and assigned OMB control numbers 1505-0081; 1505-0080; and 1505-0107. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act, an agency may not conduct or sponsor and a person is not required to respond to a collection of information unless it displays a valid OMB control number.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 48 CFR Chapter 10
- Government procurement
Accordingly, the Department of the Treasury amends 48 CFR chapter 10 as follows:Start Part
PART 1001—DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY ACQUISITION REGULATION (DTAR) SYSTEMEnd Part Start Amendment Part
1. The authority citation for part 1001 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
2. Amend section 1001.670 by removing in the first sentence the word “Technical” and revising “COTR” to read “COR” wherever it occurs.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1002—DEFINITIONS OF WORDS AND TERMSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
3. The authority citation for part 1002 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
4. Section 1002.101 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Bureau means any one of the following Treasury organizations:
(1) Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB);
(2) Bureau of Engraving & Printing (BEP);
(3) Bureau of the Fiscal Service (formerly Bureau of Public Debt and Financial Management Service);
(4) Departmental Offices (DO);
(5) Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN);
(6) Office of the Inspector General (OIG);
(7) Internal Revenue Service (IRS);
(8) Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC);
(9) Special Inspector General for the Troubled Asset Relief Program (SIGTARP);
(10) Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA); or
(11) United States Mint.
5. Amend section 1002.70 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Removing “COTR Contracting Technical Officer's Representative” and adding “COR Contracting Officer's Representative” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Removing “IPP Internet Payment Platform” and adding “IPP Invoice Processing Platform” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1016—TYPES OF CONTRACTSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
6. The authority citation for part 1016 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
7. Section 1016.505 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(b)(8) The HCA shall designate a task and delivery order ombudsman in accordance with bureau procedures and provide a copy of the designation to the agency task and delivery order ombudsman. Bureau task and delivery order ombudsmen shall review complaints from contractors concerning task and delivery orders placed by the contracting activity and ensure they are afforded a fair opportunity to be considered, consistent with the procedures in the contract. In the absence of a designation, the Bureau Start Printed Page 11596advocate for competition will serve in that capacity.
PART 1019—SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMSEnd Part Start Amendment Part
8. The authority citation for part 1019 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
9. Amend section 1019.202-70 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Removing from paragraph (d)(1) the text “List of Parties Excluded from Federal Procurement and Nonprocurement Programs,” and adding “System for Award Management Exclusions,” in its place;End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Adding paragraph (n)(2)(vi).End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
c. Removing from paragraph (p)(1) the text “$500,000 ($1,000,000 for construction)” and adding “$650,000 ($1,500,000 for construction)” in its place; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
d. Revising paragraph (p)(2).End Amendment Part
The addition and revision read as follows:
(n) * * *
(2) * * *
(vi) Protégé firms shall submit a post completion report 24 months after exiting the Mentor-Protégé Program. The post completion report will assist the Department of the Treasury in assessing the progress of Protégé firms upon completion of the program.
(p) * * *
(2) Insert the clause at 1052.219-75, Mentor Requirements and Evaluation, in solicitations and contracts where the contractor is a participant in the Treasury Mentor-Protégé Program.
Subpart 1019.8—Contracting With the Small Business Administration (The 8(a) Program)Start Amendment Part
10. Revise the heading for subpart 1019.8 to read as set forth above.End Amendment Part
11. Amend section 1019.811-3 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Removing from paragraph (d)(3) the citation “1019.8” and adding “FAR 19.8” in its place; andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Removing from paragraph (f) the citation “1019.8” and adding “FAR 19.8” in its place.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1028—BONDS AND INSURANCEEnd Part Start Amendment Part
12. The authority citation for part 1028 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
13. In section 1028.307-1, remove reserved paragraph (b).End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
14. Revise section 1028.310-70 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
(a) Insert a clause substantially similar to 1052.228-70, Insurance requirements, in all solicitations and contracts that contain the clause at FAR 52.228-5.
15. Revise section 1028.311-2 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Insert a clause substantially similar to 1052.228-70, Insurance requirements, in all solicitations and contracts that contain the clause at FAR 52.228-7.
PART 1032—CONTRACT FINANCINGEnd Part Start Amendment Part
16. The authority citation for part 1032 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
17. Amend section 1032.7002 by—End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
a. Removing from paragraph (a) introductory text the words “awarded after October 1, 2012,” andEnd Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
b. Removing from paragraph (c) the words “Treasury Internet Payment Platform” and adding the words “Treasury Invoice Processing Platform” in their place.End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
18. Section 1032.7003 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
Except as provided in 1032.7002 (a), use the clause at 1052.232-7003, Electronic Submission of Payment Requests, in all solicitations and contracts.
PART 1034—MAJOR SYSTEM ACQUISITIONEnd Part Start Amendment Part
19. The authority citation for part 1034 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
20. In section 1034.001, add introductory text and remove the definition of “Core Earned Value Management”.End Amendment Part
The addition reads as follows:
As used in this part—
Subpart 34.2—[Removed]Start Amendment Part
21. Remove subpart 34.2.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1042—CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION AND AUDIT SERVICESEnd Part Start Amendment Part
22. The authority citation for part 1042 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part
23. Remove and reserve section 1042.1500.End Amendment Part Start Part
PART 1052—SOLICITATION PROVISIONS AND CONTRACT CLAUSESEnd Part Start Amendment Part
24. The authority citation for part 1052 is revised to read as follows:End Amendment Part Start Amendment Part
25. In section 1052.201-70, revise the introductory text and paragraphs (a), (b), (c) introductory text, (c)(6), (d), and (e) to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As prescribed in 1001.670-6, insert the following clause:
CONTRACTING OFFICER'S REPRESENTATIVE (COR) APPOINTMENT AND AUTHORITY (APR 2015)
(a) The COR is ____ [insert name, address and telephone number].
(b) Performance of work under this contract is subject to the technical direction of the COR identified above, or a representative designated in writing. The term “technical direction” includes, without limitation, direction to the contractor that directs or redirects the labor effort, shifts the work between work areas or locations, and/or fills in details and otherwise serves to ensure that tasks outlined in the work statement are accomplished satisfactorily.
(c) Technical direction must be within the scope of the contract specification(s)/work statement. The COR does not have authority to issue technical direction that:
(6) Directs, supervises or otherwise controls the actions of the Contractor's employees.
(d) Technical direction may be oral or in writing. The COR must confirm oral direction in writing within five workdays, with a copy to the Contracting Officer.
(e) The Contractor shall proceed promptly with performance resulting from the technical direction issued by the COR. If, in the opinion of the Contractor, any direction of the COR or the designated representative falls within the limitations of (c) above, the Contractor shall immediately notify the Contracting Officer no later than the beginning of the next Government work day.
26. Revise section 1052.210-70 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As prescribed in 1009.204-70, insert the following clause:
CONTRACTOR PUBLICITY (APR 2015)
The Contractor, or any entity or representative acting on behalf of the Contractor, shall not refer to the supplies or services furnished pursuant to the provisions Start Printed Page 11597of this contract in any news release or commercial advertising, or in connection with any news release or commercial advertising, without first obtaining explicit written consent to do so from the Contracting Officer. Should any reference to such supplies or services appear in any news release or commercial advertising issued by or on behalf of the Contractor without the required consent, the Government shall consider institution of all remedies available under applicable law, including 31 U.S.C. 333, and this contract. Further, any violation of this clause may be considered as part of the evaluation of past performance.
(End of clause)
27. Revise section 1052.228-70 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As prescribed in 1028.310-70 and 1028.311-2, insert a clause substantially as follows: The contracting officer may require additional kinds of insurance (e.g., aircraft public and passenger liability, vessel liability) or higher limits of coverage.
INSURANCE (APR 2015)
In accordance with FAR clause 52.228-5, entitled “Insurance—Work on a Government Installation” [or FAR clause 52.228-7 entitled, “Insurance—Liability to Third Persons”], insurance of the following kinds and minimum amounts shall be provided and maintained during the period of performance of this contract:
(a) Worker's compensation and employer's liability. The Contractor shall, as a minimum, meet the requirements specified at FAR 28.307-2(a).
(b) General liability. The Contractor shall, at a minimum, meet the requirements specified at FAR 28.307-2(b).
(c) Automobile liability. The Contractor shall, at a minimum, meet the requirements specified at FAR 28.307-2(c).
(End of clause)
28. Revise section 1052.232-7003 to read as follows:End Amendment Part
As prescribed in 1032.7003, use the following clause:
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION OF PAYMENT REQUESTS (APR 2015)
(a) Definitions. As used in this clause—
(1) “Payment request” means a bill, voucher, invoice, or request for contract financing payment with associated supporting documentation. The payment request must comply with the requirements identified in FAR 32.905(b), “Content of Invoices” and the applicable Payment clause included in this contract.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) of this clause, the Contractor shall submit payment requests electronically using the Invoice Processing Platform (IPP). Information regarding IPP, including IPP Customer Support contact information, is available at www.ipp.gov or any successor site.
(c) The Contractor may submit payment requests using other than IPP only when the Contracting Officer authorizes alternate procedures in writing in accordance with Treasury procedures.
(d) If alternate payment procedures are authorized, the Contractor shall include a copy of the Contracting Officer's written authorization with each payment request.
(End of clause)
29. Remove section 1052.234-2.End Amendment Part
30. Remove section 1052.234-3.End Amendment Part
31. Remove section 1052.234-4.End Amendment Part
32. Remove section 1052.234-70.End Amendment Part
33. Remove section 1052.234-71.End Amendment Part
34. Remove section 1052.234-72.End Amendment Part Start Signature
Iris B. Cooper,
Senior Procurement Executive, Office of the Procurement Executive.
[FR Doc. 2015-04464 Filed 3-3-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4810-25-P