Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) will submit the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. The proposed information collection is published to obtain comments from the public and affected agencies. This proposed information collection was previously published in the Federal Register Volume 80, Number 31, page 8347 on February 17, 2015, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
The purpose of this notice is to allow for an additional 30 days for public comment until May 21, 2015.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have comments, especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Helen Koppe at email@example.com. Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20503 or send email to OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of this Information Collection 1140-0003:
(1) Type of Information Collection: Extension of an existing collection.
(2) Title of the Form/Collection: Report of Multiple Sale or Other Disposition of Pistols and Revolvers.
(3) Agency form number, if any, and the applicable component of the Department sponsoring the collection:
Form number: ATF Form 3310.4.
Component: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, U.S. Department of Justice.
(4) Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract:
Primary: Business or other for-profit.
Other: Federal Government, State, Local, or Tribal Government.
Abstract: The information documents certain sales or other dispositions of handguns for law enforcement purposes and determines if the buyer is involved in an unlawful activity, or is a person prohibited by law from obtaining firearms.
(5) An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: An estimated 73,799 respondents will take 15 minutes to complete the form.
(6) An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: The estimated annual public burden associated with this collection is 82,292 hours.
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E-405B, Washington, DC 20530.
Start Printed Page 22223
End Supplemental Information
Dated: April 16, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-09196 Filed 4-20-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-FY-P