This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 04/28/2015 at 08:45 am.
Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
Notice of meeting.
We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, announce a public meeting of the Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council (Council). The Council provides advice about wildlife and habitat conservation endeavors that benefit wildlife resources; encourage partnership among the public, the sporting conservation organizations, the States, Native American tribes, and the Federal Government; and benefit recreational hunting.
Meeting: Tuesday June 9, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and Wednesday June 10, 2015, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Alaska daylight time). For deadlines and directions on registering to attend, requesting reasonable accommodations, submitting written material, and giving an oral presentation, please see “Public Input” under SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION.
The meeting will be held in the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitor's Center, Ski Hill Road, Soldotna, Alaska 99669.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joshua Winchell, Council Designated Federal Officer, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Wildlife Refuge System, 5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041-3803; telephone (703) 358-2639; or email firstname.lastname@example.org.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In accordance with the requirements of the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App., we announce that Wildlife and Hunting Heritage Conservation Council will hold a meeting.
Formed in February 2010, the Council provides advice about wildlife and habitat conservation endeavors that:
1. Benefit wildlife resources;
2. Encourage partnership among the public, the sporting conservation organizations, the states, Native American tribes, and the Federal Government; and
3. Benefit recreational hunting.
The Council advises the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture, reporting through the Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), in consultation with the Director, Bureau of Land Management (BLM); Director, National Park Service (NPS); Chief, Forest Service (USFS); Chief, Natural Resources Service (NRCS); and Administrator, Farm Services Agency (FSA). The Council's duties are strictly advisory and consist of, but are not limited to, providing recommendations for:
1. Implementing the Recreational Hunting and Wildlife Resource Conservation Plan—A Ten-Year Plan for Implementation;
2. Increasing public awareness of and support for the Wildlife Restoration Program;
3. Fostering wildlife and habitat conservation and ethics in hunting and shooting sports recreation;
4. Stimulating sportsmen and women's participation in conservation and management of wildlife and habitat resources through outreach and education;
5. Fostering communication and coordination among State, tribal, and Federal governments; industry; hunting and shooting sportsmen and women; wildlife and habitat conservation and management organizations; and the public;
6. Providing appropriate access to Federal lands for recreational shooting and hunting;
7. Providing recommendations to improve implementation of Federal conservation programs that benefit wildlife, hunting, and outdoor recreation on private lands; and
8. When requested by the Designated Federal Officer in consultation with the Council Chairperson, performing a variety of assessments or reviews of policies, programs, and efforts through the Council's designated subcommittees or workgroups.
Background information on the Council is available at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.
The Council will convene to consider issues including:
1. Public access on federal conservation easements;
2. recent changes to the Federal Migratory Bird Hunting and Conservation Stamp program; and
3. Other Council business.
The final agenda will be posted on the Internet at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.
|If you wish to||You must contact the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT) no later than|
|Attend the meeting||May 27, 2015.|
|Submit written information or questions before the meeting for the council to consider during the meeting||May 27, 2015.|
|Give an oral presentation during the meeting||May 27, 2015.|
To attend this meeting, register by close of business on the dates listed in “Public Input” under SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION. Please submit your name, time of arrival, email address, and phone number to the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT).
Submitting Written Information or Questions
Interested members of the public may submit relevant information or questions for the Council to consider during the public meeting. Written statements must be received by the date above, so that the information may be made available to the Council for their consideration prior to this meeting. Written statements must be supplied to the Council Coordinator in both of the following formats: One hard copy with original signature, and one electronic copy via email (acceptable file formats are Adobe Acrobat PDF, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, or rich text file).Start Printed Page 23815
Giving an Oral Presentation
Individuals or groups requesting to make an oral presentation at the meeting will be limited to 2 minutes per speaker, with no more than a total of 30 minutes for all speakers. Interested parties should contact the Council Coordinator, in writing (preferably via email; see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT), to be placed on the public speaker list for this meeting. Nonregistered public speakers will not be considered during the meeting. Registered speakers who wish to expand upon their oral statements, or those who had wished to speak but could not be accommodated on the agenda, may submit written statements to the Council Coordinator up to 30 days subsequent to the meeting.
Summary minutes of the conference will be maintained by the Council Coordinator (see FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT). They will be available for public inspection within 90 days of the meeting, and will be posted on the Council's Web site at http://www.fws.gov/whhcc.Start Signature
Dated: April 20, 2015.
[FR Doc. 2015-09972 Filed 4-28-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4310-55-P