Corporation for National and Community Service.
The Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), as part of its continuing effort to reduce paperwork and respondent burden, conducts a pre-clearance consultation program to provide the general public and federal agencies with an opportunity to comment on proposed and/or continuing collections of information in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (PRA95) (44 U.S.C. 3506(c)(2)(A)). This program helps to ensure that requested data can be provided in the desired format, reporting burden (time and financial resources) is minimized, collection instruments are clearly understood, and the impact of collection requirement on respondents can be properly assessed.
Currently, CNCS is soliciting comments concerning its proposed renewal of the AmeriCorps Member Application Form. Applicants will respond to the questions included in this ICR in order to apply to serve as AmeriCorps members.
Copies of the information collection request can be obtained by contacting the office listed in the ADDRESSES section of this Notice.
Written comments must be submitted to the individual and office listed in the ADDRESSES section by July 17, 2015.
You may submit comments, identified by the title of the information collection activity, by any of the following methods:
(1) By mail sent to: Corporation for National and Community Service, AmeriCorps State & National; ATTN: Erin Dahlin, Deputy Chief of Program Operations, 1201 New York Avenue NW., Washington, DC 20525.
(2) By hand delivery or by courier to the CNCS mailroom at Room 8100 at the mail address given in paragraph (1) above, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays.
(3) Electronically through www.regulations.gov.
Individuals who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TTY-TDD) may call 1-800-833-3722 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Erin Dahlin, 202-606-6931 or EDahlin@cns.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
CNCS is particularly interested in comments that:
- Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of CNCS, including whether the information will have practical utility;
- Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
- Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and
- Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are expected to respond, including the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology (e.g., permitting electronic submissions of responses).
This Member Application Form will be used by applicants who are interested in serving as AmeriCorps members. The information requested in the application form makes it possible for programs to select members to serve. Programs also use this form as an example that they customize to develop their own recruitment materials.
Changes have been made align form with program and technological needs and resources. The information collection will otherwise be used in the same manner as the existing application. CNCS also seeks to continue using the current application until the revised application is approved by OMB. The current application is due to expire on July 31, 2015.
Type of Review: Renewal.
Agency: Corporation for National and Community Service.
Title: AmeriCorps Member Application Form.
OMB Number: 3045-0054.
Agency Number: None.
Affected Public: Applicants applying to serve in AmeriCorps.
Total Respondents: 225,000.
Average Time per Response: Averages 1.25 hours.
Estimated Total Burden Hours: 281,250.
Total Burden Cost (capital/startup): None.
Total Burden Cost (operating/maintenance): None.
Comments submitted in response to this notice will be summarized and/or included in the request for Office of Management and Budget approval of the information collection request; they will also become a matter of public record.
Start Printed Page 28246
End Supplemental Information
Dated: May 12, 2015.
Deputy Chief of Program Operations.
[FR Doc. 2015-11828 Filed 5-15-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6050-28-P