This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 05/22/2015 at 08:45 am.
Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Draft regulatory issue summary; request for comment.
The U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) is seeking public comment on a draft regulatory issue summary (RIS), RIS 2015-XX, “Protective Action Recommendations for Members of the Public on Bodies of Water within the Emergency Planning Zone.” This RIS addresses the development of protective action recommendations (PARs) for members of the public who are on bodies of water within the plume exposure pathway emergency planning zones (EPZ) for nuclear power reactors.
Submit comments by July 10, 2015. Comments received after this date will be considered if it is practical to do so, but the Commission is able to assure consideration only for comments received before this date.
You may submit comments by any of the following methods (unless this document describes a different method for submitting comments on a specific subject):
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2015-0121. Address questions about NRC dockets to Carol Gallagher; telephone: 301-415-3463; email: Carol.Gallagher@nrc.gov. For technical questions, contact the individual listed in the FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT section of this document.
- Mail comments to: Cindy Bladey, Office of Administration, Mail Stop: OWFN-12-H08, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001.
For additional direction on obtaining information and submitting comments, see “Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments” in the SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION section of this document.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Matthew Humberstone, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation; telephone: 301-415-1464, email: Matthew.Humberstone@nrc.gov; U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington, DC 20555-0001End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
I. Obtaining Information and Submitting Comments
A. Obtaining Information
Please refer to Docket ID NRC-2015-0121 when contacting the NRC about the availability of information for this action. You may obtain publicly-available information related to this action by any of the following methods:
- Federal Rulemaking Web site: Go to http://www.regulations.gov and search for Docket ID NRC-2015-0121.
- NRC's Agencywide Documents Access and Management System (ADAMS): You may obtain publicly-available documents online in the ADAMS Public Documents collection at http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/adams.html. To begin the search, select “ADAMS Public Documents” and then select “Begin Web-based ADAMS Search.” For problems with ADAMS, please contact the NRC's Public Document Room (PDR) reference staff at 1-800-397-4209, 301-415-4737, or by email to email@example.com. The draft RIS, “Protective Action Recommendations for Members of the Public on Bodies of Water within the Emergency Planning Zone,” is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML15022A610.
- NRC's PDR: You may examine and purchase copies of public documents at the NRC's PDR, Room O1-F21, One White Flint North, 11555 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Maryland 20852.
B. Submitting Comments
Please include Docket ID NRC-2015-0121 in the subject line of your comment submission, in order to ensure that the NRC is able to make your comment submission available to the public in this docket.
The NRC cautions you not to include identifying or contact information that you do not want to be publicly disclosed in your comment submission. The NRC will post all comment submissions at http://www.regulations.gov as well as enter the comment submissions into ADAMS. The NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove identifying or contact information.
If you are requesting or aggregating comments from other persons for submission to the NRC, then you should inform those persons not to include identifying or contact information that they do not want to be publicly disclosed in their comment submission. Your request should state that the NRC does not routinely edit comment submissions to remove such information before making the comment submissions available to the public or entering the comment submissions into ADAMS.
The NRC is requesting public comments on the draft RIS. The NRC issues RISs to communicate with stakeholders on a broad range of regulatory matters. This may include communicating and restating staff technical positions on regulatory matters. The NRC staff has developed draft RIS 2015-XX to clarify its position on compliance with section 50.47(b)(10) of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations. Specifically, power reactor licensees need to have PARs for the members of the public on bodies of water within the plume exposure pathway EPZ during a general emergency. The draft RIS is available in ADAMS under Accession No. ML15022A610.Start Signature
Dated at Rockville, Maryland, this 19th day of May 2015.Start Printed Page 30096
For the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Chief, Generic Communications Branch, Division of Policy and Rulemaking, Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation.
[FR Doc. 2015-12514 Filed 5-22-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 7590-01-P