This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 06/12/2015 at 08:45 am.
National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI), Office of Postsecondary Education, U.S. Department of Education.
Announcement of revisions to the agenda for the June 25-26, 2015 meeting of the National Advisory Committee on Institutional Quality and Integrity (NACIQI).
This meeting notice is an update to the notice (59 FR 16369) published on March 27, 2015. This notice sets forth revisions to the agenda, specifically, the removal of the petition for approval of a State Agency for Vocational Education based on compliance report submitted by Puerto Rico State Agency for the Approval of Public Postsecondary Vocational, Technical Institutions and Programs (PRHRDC). This notice is required under Section 10(a)(2) of the Federal Advisory Committee Act (FACA) and Section 114(d)(1)(B) of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965, as amended.
The NACIQI meeting will be held on June 25-26, 2015, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., at the Sheraton Pentagon City, 900 S. Orme Street, Arlington, VA 22204.
U.S. Department of Education, Office of Postsecondary Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8072, Washington, DC 20006.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Jennifer Hong, Executive Director, NACIQI, U.S. Department of Education, 1990 K Street NW., Room 8073, Washington, DC 20006-8129, telephone: (202) 502-7696, fax: (202) 502-7874, or email Jennifer.Hong@ed.gov.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
NACIQI's Statutory Authority and Function: The NACIQI is established under Section 114 of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended (HEA), 20 U.S.C. 1011c. The NACIQI advises the Secretary of Education about:
- The establishment and enforcement of the criteria for recognition of accrediting agencies or associations under Subpart 2, Part H, Title IV, of the HEA, as amended.
- The recognition of specific accrediting agencies or associations or a specific State public postsecondary vocational education or nurse education approval agency.
- The preparation and publication of the list of nationally recognized accrediting agencies and associations.
- The eligibility and certification process for institutions of higher education under Title IV, of the HEA, together with recommendations for improvement in such process.
- The relationship between (1) accreditation of institutions of higher education and the certification and eligibility of such institutions, and (2) State licensing responsibilities with respect to such institutions.
- Any other advisory function relating to accreditation and institutional eligibility that the Secretary may prescribe.
Access to Records of the Meeting: The Department will post the official report of the meeting on the NACIQI Web site 90 days after the meeting. Pursuant to the FACA, the public may also inspect the materials at 1990 K Street NW., Washington, DC, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (202) 219-7067 to schedule an appointment.
Electronic Access to this Document: The official version of this document is the document published in the Federal Register. Free Internet access to the official edition of the Federal Register and the Code of Federal Regulations is available via the Federal Digital System at: www.gpo.gov/fdsys. At this site you can view this document, as well as all other documents of this Department published in the Federal Register, in text or Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). To use PDF, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader, which is available free at the site.
You may also access documents of the Department published in the Federal Register by using the article search feature at: www.federalregister.gov. Specifically, through the advanced search feature at this site, you can limit your search to documents published by the Department.
Delegation of Authority: The Secretary of Education has delegated authority to Jamienne S. Studley, Deputy Under Secretary, to perform the functions and Start Printed Page 34152duties of the Assistant Secretary for Postsecondary Education.Start Signature
Jamienne S. Studley,
Deputy Under Secretary.
[FR Doc. 2015-14511 Filed 6-12-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4000-01-P