This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/06/2015 at 08:45 am.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is announcing an opportunity for the public to comment on CMS' intention to collect information from the public. Under the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 (the PRA), federal agencies are required to publish notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information (including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information) and to allow 60 days for public comment on the proposed action. Interested persons are invited to send comments regarding our burden estimates or any other aspect of this collection of information, including any of the following subjects: (1) The necessity and utility of the proposed information collection for the proper performance of the agency's functions; (2) the accuracy of the estimated burden; (3) ways to enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and (4) the use of automated collection techniques or other forms of information technology to minimize the information collection burden.
Comments must be received by September 8, 2015.
When commenting, please reference the document identifier or OMB control number. To be assured consideration, comments and recommendations must be submitted in any one of the following ways:
1. Electronically. You may send your comments electronically to http://www.regulations.gov. Follow the instructions for “Comment or Submission” or “More Search Options” to find the information collection document(s) that are accepting comments.
2. By regular mail. You may mail written comments to the following address: CMS, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs, Division of Regulations Development, Attention: Document Identifier/OMB Control Number _____, Room C4-26-05, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, Maryland 21244-1850.
To obtain copies of a supporting statement and any related forms for the proposed collection(s) summarized in this notice, you may make your request using one of following:
1. Access CMS' Web site address at http://www.cms.hhs.gov/PaperworkReductionActof1995.
2. Email your request, including your address, phone number, OMB number, and CMS document identifier, to Paperwork@cms.hhs.gov.
3. Call the Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
Reports Clearance Office at (410) 786-1326.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
This notice sets out a summary of the use and burden associated with the following information collections. More detailed information can be found in each collection's supporting statement and associated materials (see ADDRESSES).
CMS-10137 Solicitation for Applications for Medicare Prescription Drug Plan 2017 Contracts
CMS-10237 Part C—Medicare Advantage and 1876 Cost Plan Expansion Application
Under the PRA (44 U.S.C. 3501-3520), federal agencies must obtain approval from the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for each collection of information they conduct or sponsor. The term “collection of information” is defined in 44 U.S.C. 3502(3) and 5 CFR 1320.3(c) and includes agency requests or requirements that members of the public submit reports, keep records, or provide information to a third party. Section 3506(c)(2)(A) of the PRA requires federal agencies to publish a 60-day notice in the Federal Register concerning each proposed collection of information, including each proposed extension or reinstatement of an existing collection of information, before submitting the collection to OMB for approval. To comply with this requirement, CMS is publishing this notice.
1. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Solicitation for Applications for Medicare Prescription Drug Plan 2017 Contracts; Use: The information will be collected under the solicitation of proposals from prescription drug plans, Medicare Advantage (MA) plans that offer integrated prescription drug and health care coverage (MA-PD) plans, Cost Plan, PACE, and Employer Group Waiver Plan applicants. The information will be used by CMS to: ensure that applicants meet CMS requirements and to support the determination of contract awards. Participation in the Part D program is voluntary. Only organizations that are interested in participating in the program will respond to the solicitation. The MA-PDs that voluntarily participate in the Part C program must submit a Part D application and successful bid. Form Number: CMS-10137 (OMB Control Number: 0938-0936); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other For-profits and Not-for-profit institutions); Number of Respondents: 254; Total Annual Responses: 230; Total Annual Hours: 2,109. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Arianne Spaccarelli at 410-786-5715).
2. Type of Information Collection Request: Revision of a currently approved collection; Title of Information Collection: Part C—Medicare Advantage and 1876 Cost Plan Expansion Application; Use: The information will be collected under the solicitation of Part C applications from Medicare Advantage, Employer Group Waiver Plan, and Cost Plan applicants and will be used by CMS to ensure that applicants meet CMS requirements, and to support the determination of contract awards. Participation is voluntary whereby only organizations that are interested in participating in the program will respond to the solicitation. Medicare Advantage (MA) organizations that offer integrated prescription drug and health care products (MA-PD plans) that voluntarily participate in the Part C program must submit a Part D application and successful bid. Form Number: CMS-10237 (OMB Control Number: 0938-0935); Frequency: Yearly; Affected Public: Private sector (Business or other For-profits and Not-for-profit institutions); Number of Respondents: 566; Total Annual Responses: 566; Total Annual Hours: Start Printed Page 3869321,926. (For policy questions regarding this collection contact Wanda Pigatt-Canty at 410-786-6177).Start Signature
Dated: July 1, 2015.
William N. Parham, III,
Director, Paperwork Reduction Staff, Office of Strategic Operations and Regulatory Affairs.
[FR Doc. 2015-16608 Filed 7-6-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4120-01-P