Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, Department of Justice.
The Department of Justice (DOJ), Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, will be submitting the following information collection request to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) for review and approval in accordance with the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995. This proposed information collection was previously published in 80 FR 9750, on February 24, 2015, allowing for a 60 day comment period.
Comments are encouraged and will be accepted for an additional 30 days until August 17, 2015.
Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
If you have additional comments especially on the estimated public burden or associated response time, suggestions, or need a copy of the proposed information collection instrument with instructions or additional information, please contact Lashon Hilliard, Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office, 145 N Street NE., Washington, DC 20530 (202-514-6563). Written comments and/or suggestions can also be directed to the Office of Management and Budget, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attention Department of Justice Desk Officer, Washington, DC 20530 or sent to OIRA_submissions@omb.eop.gov.
End Further Info
Start Supplemental Information
Written comments and suggestions from the public and affected agencies concerning the proposed collection of information are encouraged. Your comments should address one or more of the following four points:
—Evaluate whether the proposed collection of information is necessary for the proper performance of the functions of the agency, including whether the information will have practical utility;
—Evaluate the accuracy of the agency's estimate of the burden of the proposed collection of information, including the validity of the methodology and assumptions used;
—Enhance the quality, utility, and clarity of the information to be collected; and/or
—Minimize the burden of the collection of information on those who are to respond, including through the use of appropriate automated, electronic, mechanical, or other technological collection techniques or other forms of information technology, e.g., permitting electronic submission of responses.
Overview of This Information Collection
1. Type of Information Collection: Revision of a currently approved collection, with change; comments requested.
2. The Title of the Form/Collection: COPS Extension Request Form.
3. The agency form number: None. U.S. Department of Justice, Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) Office.
4. Affected public who will be asked or required to respond, as well as a brief abstract: Law enforcement agencies and other COPS grants recipients that have grants expiring within 90 days of the date of the form/request. The extension request form will allow recipients of COPS grants the opportunity to request a “no-cost” time extension in order to complete the federal funding period and requirements for their grant/cooperative agreement award. Requesting and/or receiving a time extension will not provide additional funding.
5. An estimate of the total number of respondents and the amount of time estimated for an average respondent to respond: It is estimated that approximately 2,700 respondents annually will complete the form within 30 minutes.
6. An estimate of the total public burden (in hours) associated with the collection: 1,350 total annual burden hours (0.5 hours × 2700 respondents + 1,350 total burden hours).
If additional information is required contact: Jerri Murray, Department Clearance Officer, United States Department of Justice, Justice Management Division, Policy and Planning Staff, Two Constitution Square, 145 N Street NE., 3E.405B, Washington, DC 20530.
End Supplemental Information
Dated: July 14, 2015.
Department Clearance Officer for PRA, U.S. Department of Justice.
[FR Doc. 2015-17566 Filed 7-16-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 4410-AT-P