This PDF is the current document as it appeared on Public Inspection on 07/22/2015 at 08:45 am.
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is proposing to approve a State Implementation Plan (SIP) revision submitted by the State of Rhode Island. This revision includes a regulation adopted by Rhode Island that establishes and requires Reasonably Available Control Technology (RACT) for volatile organic compound (VOC) sources of emissions from miscellaneous adhesives and sealants. The intended effect of this action is to propose to approve Rhode Island's Air Pollution Control Regulation No. 44, “Control of Volatile Organic Compounds from Adhesives and Sealants,” into the Rhode Island SIP. This action is being taken in accordance with the Clean Air Act.
Written comments must be received on or before August 24, 2015.
Submit your comments, identified by Docket ID No. EPA-R01-OAR-2010-0460 by one of the following methods:
1. www.regulations.gov: Follow the on-line instructions for submitting comments.
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Fax: (617) 918-0047.
3. Mail: EPA-R01-OAR-2010-0460, Anne Arnold, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, 5 Post Office Square—Suite 100, (Mail code OEP05-2), Boston, MA 02109-3912. Hand Delivery or Courier. Deliver your comments to: Anne Arnold, Manager, Air Quality Planning Unit, Office of Ecosystem Protection, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, 5 Post Office Square—Suite 100, (Mail code OEP05-2), Boston, MA 02109-3912. Such deliveries are only accepted during the Regional Office's normal hours of operation. The Regional Office's official hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding legal holidays.
Please see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules Section of this Federal Register for detailed instructions on how to submit comments.Start Further Info
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT:
David Mackintosh, Air Quality Unit, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, EPA New England Regional Office, 5 Post Office Square—Suite 100, (Mail code OEP05-2), Boston, MA 02109-3912, telephone number (617) 918-1584, fax number (617) 918-0584, email email@example.com.End Further Info End Preamble Start Supplemental Information
In the Rules and Regulations section of this Federal Register, EPA is approving the State's SIP submittal as a direct final rule without prior proposal because the Agency views this as a noncontroversial submittal and anticipates no adverse comments. A detailed rationale for the approval is set forth in the direct final rule. If no adverse comments are received in response to the rule, no further activity is contemplated. If EPA receives adverse comments, the direct final rule will be withdrawn and all public comments received will be addressed in a subsequent final rule based on this proposed rule. EPA will not institute a second comment period. Any parties interested in commenting on this action should do so at this time. Please note that if EPA receives adverse comment on an amendment, paragraph, or section of the rule and if that provision may be severed from the remainder of the rule, EPA may adopt as final those provisions of the rule that are not the subject of an adverse comment.
For additional information, see the direct final rule which is located in the Rules and Regulations section of this Federal Register.Start List of Subjects
List of Subjects in 40 CFR Part 52
- Environmental protection
- Air pollution control
- Incorporation by reference
- Intergovernmental relations
- Reporting and recordkeeping requirements
- Volatile organic compounds
Dated: June 18, 2015.
H. Curtis Spalding,
Regional Administrator, EPA New England.
[FR Doc. 2015-17851 Filed 7-22-15; 8:45 am]
BILLING CODE 6560-50-P